Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont care how many we win by today as I think that Klopp is the most arrogant manager in the Premier after Wagner of Huddersfield wonder what the connection is.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its going to be interesting to see if our defence can hold up against the speed and skill of Salah and Mane. I'd not be surprised if Southgate watches this game closely to see how Dunk performs against world class forwards. Even so I'm betting on Albion 1-0.

Will Klopp play them both?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why do people get their nickers in a twist about half and half scarves..don’t care for them personally you are bound to get them when a smaller club plays a larger one..though it would be a bit weird if it were a Brighton and Huddersfield one

Are they double thickness?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They might give us the most problems of nay side this season: the hardest game.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Woke up this morning, looked out of the bedroom window and saw two magpies flying past. I wished them a good morning and saluted. The last time that happened we thrashed Norwich.

3 points in the bag (not sure about the thrashing though!)

larus

Very excited about this one, and feeling strangely positive. Could be the halo effect of the Man U game, but I think we can compete against them, and now is the time to get on the end of some of those crosses and exploit a defence that can be shakey.

I like Liverpool. I like Klopp. I like the history of the club. I have a lot of respect for them. However, on minute 1 that'll be forgotten for the next 90.

Let's score some goals boys.

Sums up my feelings towards them. Maybe it stems from watching the European games in the past and wanting them to do well. Saying that, I’ve never felt that way about Man U though. Despise them.

Regarding [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] and too many draws for Middlesbrough, it was the overall results of 5-13-20 which did for them. They drew 1/3 but only won 5. We’ve won 4 already. I think we’re picking up draws where Middlesbrough were losing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Should be the exact opposite of the Palarse game; mutual respect, good historic connections (players), no tin pottery. I can't wait.

PL Brighton v Liverpool in front of 30,000+ at the amazing Amex. It doesn't get better than this.

The club have come so far in just a few short years.

Looking forward to this match so much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I dont care how many we win by today as I think that Klopp is the most arrogant manager in the Premier after Wagner of Huddersfield wonder what the connection is.

Rubbish.

Mourinho, Allerdyce, Pardew, Wenger - all lack humility, are awful losers, arrogant winners (with Pardew, that's a rare occasion), one-eyed, struggle to praise opponents and Mourinho bitches.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
My recollection of the game is vague - the visit of Champions-to-be Liverpool 17th October 1981.

I just checked the line up's - them: Grobbelaar, Hansen, Neal, Thompson, Alan Kennedy, Ray Kennedy (Goal 39 minutes), Lee, McDermott (73), Souness, Dalglish (12), Rush (Subbed for Lawrenson)

Us: Digweed, Shanks, Williams, Grealish, Foster (49), Gatting, Case (80), Ritchie (82), Robinson, McNab, Smith

At 79 minutes 1-3 down then to draw 3-3 - what a comeback.

Attendance 26,321

For sentiment's sake I've a quid on 3-3 today at 100-1!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
We could see one of the back 4 sent off today, speed of Mane / Salah sees a through ball over the top / through a gap and they get pulled down. Can’t even sit deep as all that will do is give Coutinho space

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My recollection of the game is vague - the visit of Champions-to-be Liverpool 17th October 1981.

I just checked the line up's - them: Grobbelaar, Hansen, Neal, Thompson, Alan Kennedy, Ray Kennedy (Goal 39 minutes), Lee, McDermott (73), Souness, Dalglish (12), Rush (Subbed for Lawrenson)

Us: Digweed, Shanks, Williams, Grealish, Foster (49), Gatting, Case (80), Ritchie (82), Robinson, McNab, Smith

Attendance 26,321

The team Albion beat 2-0 in the FA Cup of 1984 contained ten of the eleven that started the European Cup Final that year. The other was the substitute.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Stephens are Pröpper are the main men today, we know Mane, Salah, Coutinho et al can ruin defences with ease once they’ve got full backs and centre backs isolated on the counter, but if we can keep them from getting past the holding mids we might be alright.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

Attendance 26,321

I saw that match. We were played off the park in the first half, and there were fears of a cricket score against us by the end. There really looked no chance of anything. Fantastic comeback and match!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think that we could get a result today!
We always seem to play better against the top teams, and not the mid-table/lower teams.
UTA! :albion2:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

How is Klopp arrogant? He is a passionate manager who wears his heart on his sleeve. I'd rather have him at my club than some journeyman manager. He thought carefully before taking that job. I haven't seen much arrogance from him.

Outside of Chris, I'd rate him as one of the best guys to have in the position. Yes, you might expect better results, but for focus and fairness he is up there with CH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here