Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Seagulls....if u like ska you'll luv this ska version of 'Good Old Sussex by the Sea'

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wish we played this before the game!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thought it was going to break into the Benny Hill theme tune at 35sec.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is it just me or do they sing - You can tell them all they'll stand or fall?

Edit. We'll. Still wrong though. #pedant

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is there a dance mix version and if not someone get Mr Fatboy Slim to knockarrt one out. :facepalm:

The thought of Norm knocking one out has just put me off my dinner :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wish I liked it, but its a no from me :down:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As mentioned before, there are two other 'ska' versions, Bad Manners & Seagulls Ska, but come on, it's still a good effort!

Jul 7, 2003
Is there a dance mix version and if not someone get Mr Fatboy Slim to knockarrt one out. :facepalm:

I'm sure that there used to be dance version played at Woodside Road in the 80's but no idea who recorded it. Maybe [MENTION=3666]lenny[/MENTION]rider might have a clue.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm sure that there used to be dance version played at Woodside Road in the 80's but no idea who recorded it. Maybe [MENTION=3666]lenny[/MENTION]rider might have a clue.

Did you ever hear it and was it any good? Nothing beats the classic version obviously but it would be nice to have a quality dance version :rave:

Jul 7, 2003
Did you ever hear it and was it any good? Nothing beats the classic version obviously but it would be nice to have a quality dance version :rave:

If my fading memory is correct, it was okay. You have to remember that this is going to be 80's dance so closer to Eurobeat or classic disco than hard house!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Great use of the comb and paper in the middle eight. :rave:

Exactly what I thought. Paul Barber was surprisingly good on vocals. Tony Bloom exquisite on the comb and paper. I thought that was as good as it could get and then Dick Knight did his guest appearance on the steel drum. Superb.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Quite splendid. Mix of Ska and a drunken night in the Prince Albert. Touch of Bob Grover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here