Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Quite how I managed it I don't know, but I ran 14 miles in 1.49, ave pace 7.52m/m.

I carried on where I left off at parkrun, so it seems!

I crossed the route of Dark Star when they, and I, had about a mile to go at just before 3pm. Great effort by [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] and the rest of the pack...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite how I managed it I don't know, but I ran 14 miles in 1.49, ave pace 7.52m/m.

I carried on where I left off at parkrun, so it seems!

I crossed the route of Dark Star when they, and I, had about a mile to go at just before 3pm. Great effort by [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] and the rest of the pack...

Cracking run........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Darkstar river run done. F******g hell that was hard. Kind of manageable on the way out, but the rivebank path had turned into an utter quagmire for the return leg. Couple that with my undertraining (no long runs since September) and it basically went tits up and I lost the plot, basically. Still, a few lessons learned and some good hard miles in the legs I suppose. Full horror very clear in the link below - we turned back off the Downslink and onto the river at 18 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/482847856

Massively good run mate. That's the trail I've been ignoring because it was absolutely impassable!! :lol:

Notice Jan gave it a really good go too. Superb running all round.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Darkstar river run done. F******g hell that was hard. Kind of manageable on the way out, but the rivebank path had turned into an utter quagmire for the return leg. Couple that with my undertraining (no long runs since September) and it basically went tits up and I lost the plot, basically. Still, a few lessons learned and some good hard miles in the legs I suppose. Full horror very clear in the link below - we turned back off the Downslink and onto the river at 18 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/482847856

Hate to be a virgin #hardcore ultra giving advice but you should have worn these. :lol::lol:
Great effort.
Can't get the picture up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Right then, I'm in! Not showing any recent activity, but it said to give it a while to sync...

Thanks fellas.

If you have saved the run on to a drive via USB as a .fit file then you should also be able to manually import it in to strava if the sync doesn't work.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If you have saved the run on to a drive via USB as a .fit file then you should also be able to manually import it in to strava if the sync doesn't work.

Not that I'm aware of. It's no problem - I wasn't sure if it would retrospectively sync my previous activity, it's just that [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] suggested it might – unless I've misunderstood...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not that I'm aware of. It's no problem - I wasn't sure if it would retrospectively sync my previous activity, it's just that [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] suggested it might – unless I've misunderstood...

It took 3 or 4 days for older runs from 3-4 weeks ago to go on. No idea why. I don't know if a new week and new month may have something to do with it. When it's ready it will do it. Offer it a virtual biscuit if it behaves.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You've got a bike ride up from last Feb. :lol: but nothing else. You'll have to change threads and go on Cycling Geeks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You've got a bike ride up from last Feb.[emoji38]but nothing else. You'll have to change threads and go on Cycling Geeks.
Nooooooooooooooo!

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
For anyone who likes a bargain… Brooks Cascadia 10’s, sizes 9,10 & 11’s £29.99 at TK maxx in Worthing.. Also most sizes apart from 9’s.. if you can bring yourself to enter the TK maxx @ the Goldstone.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
For anyone who likes a bargain… Brooks Cascadia 10’s, sizes 9,10 & 11’s £29.99 at TK maxx in Worthing.. Also most sizes apart from 9’s.. if you can bring yourself to enter the TK maxx @ the Goldstone.

What colour in Worthing? The red/orange would clash with my tango tan.
No seriously I am a 9 but don't fancy the red/orange. Cheers.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hello.

Todays "im an idiot, please help me" question is this.

My phones just BLEEDS battery when I use the mapping app and listen to music. It has died on me twice during my attempted longer runs. So I want just a BASIC GPS watch. I just need to know distance and time. Nothing fancy.

I've looked on ebay, hoping people would be getting rid of something cheap and nasty for a nominal price but that they are WELL EXPENSIVE (for a poor cheapo like me).

Can anyone recommend a good "budget" brand of these watches?

Thanks

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Hello.

Todays "im an idiot, please help me" question is this.

My phones just BLEEDS battery when I use the mapping app and listen to music. It has died on me twice during my attempted longer runs. So I want just a BASIC GPS watch. I just need to know distance and time. Nothing fancy.

I've looked on ebay, hoping people would be getting rid of something cheap and nasty for a nominal price but that they are WELL EXPENSIVE (for a poor cheapo like me).

Can anyone recommend a good "budget" brand of these watches?

Thanks

Assuming you don't need to look at it whilst you're running, the Strava app should get you through 2 or 3 hours activity easily. If you're on Android just put it in airplane mode, that'll give you the best part of a day's running; if on iphone lock the screen, turn off notifications / background apps to save a bit of battery.

I don't know what sort of budget you're looking at, but I've got one of these and like it, good value for what you get: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Runner-GPS-Watch-Dark/dp/B00D7LN7K4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here