Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Who are willing to pay him alot more money than what hes currently on...

He should understand the club don't want to strengthen a rival while making ourselves weaker. The club has the right to tell Fulham to fu*k off

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He looked really relaxed and cheery after the Forest result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having problems with arithmetic today, perchance?
No more than any other day!! :lol:

The teams are announced at 2pm, so assuming it's Friday ...

...It is Friday, isn't it?

That's one of my better efforts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I also heard earlier this week that Dunk refused to play at Southend, and as a result was fined 2 weeks wages.

This was from a friend who works with someone who is friends with one of the players (so I have no idea how reliable this is as its 3rd or 4th hand, except that he's been right about a couple of other things, he DOES know the player, and has no reason to make this stuff up).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
club stood by him and he does that

Hope it's not true

This is the most salient point.

You can sort of understand De Gea going on strike because he wants to return to Spain and probably the biggest club in the world but a local lad going on strike because he wants to go to Fulham? Can't be true. No way.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No more than any other day!! :lol:

The teams are announced at 2pm, so assuming it's Friday ...

...It is Friday, isn't it?

That's one of my better efforts.

Damn, I edited my initial response just too late, obviously. You are, of course, entirely correct...

Jimmy Grimble

The situation with Dunk is that he is more than happy to stay here provided we offer him an improved contract. He has seen how much he can earn with a move to Fulham, if we're not prepared to offer similar then he wants to leave. Can hardly blame him as he will triple his wages with them, it is a financial decision. He is enjoying playing for the Albion at the moment, but he knows the money he can earn with a move. It's a shame but it's the way football works. FWIW, I think we should offer him close to what Fulham are. We'll only end up paying it for one season because he'll be off in the summer if we don't go up - and if we do go up he'll have fully deserved the pay-rise.

My source is as good as it gets. I'll verify with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] if need be.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
This thread will go on for pages, but tomorrow will be a very interesting day to say the least...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Once we gave into Bridcutt and to some extent Buckley, other players around at the time know how the club reacts to such tactics.

Setting a bad precedent was always going to end in tears. I'm not suggesting that Dunk is behaving badly, but it is inevitable that someone will (or has) as a result of previous weakness. Sometimes, you just have to dig your heels in...pour encourager les autres.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I sincerely hope that this isn't true, what with Dunk being a local lad and should know what playing for the Albion means. Would hope he has more class than that. You would think he'd want to play, play well, get more interest, upping the offers. Refusing to play is a selfish, self destructive act and surely should sound alarm bells for any potential buyer...

Does he have the same agent as Bridcutt?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bit of a pisser if true, on the plus side it might hasten the purchase of a winger to keep us sweet.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I dont believe the story to be true one bit.
Dunk comes across as the type of person who is committed to the course and wouldn't strike to get a move, especially to a rival Championship club.
I'm sure the club has probably said to him he will not be going to Fulham (unless he puts a request in and they make a very good offer) but if a good offer comes in from Newcastle then it will be up to him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FWIW, I think we should offer him close to what Fulham are. We'll only end up paying it for one season because he'll be off in the summer if we don't go up
Unless he gets injured, and we spend a year paying a high wage for someone that can't play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here