Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I play at club level, would be happy to give anyone a game.

It would be like playing Man City for me.

or perhaps Rochdale v Spurs

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was at 1650 on chess.com when I stopped a couple of years back. Will start again I think , so I’d be in.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was at 1650 on chess.com when I stopped a couple of years back. Will start again I think , so I’d be in.

Count me in then, Dolly.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Count me in. One idea, might be to use something like, 'Chess By Post'. It is free and is available for phones such as IOS and Android and also on Windows Store. It is free and you can play friends, as well as others. Playing friends does not rate you. I love it as you have up to five days to make a move, but realistically you can move as quickly as you wish. Alternatively, it could also be used as well on here for those that want to play more regularly or dip in and out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I haven't played in years either but I'll give it a go, it sounds thrilling.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Count me in then, Dolly.

Just had a look at chess.com. Blimey it’s changed. Just lost 5 on the trot a5 blitz and can’t seem to find our old proper games. They keep wanting me to change browser. Bloody rusty wasn’t the word Pickles

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Count me in. Chess.com is very good because we can create our own B H Albion chess club, communicate, practice, set up tournaments, matches against each other and against other clubs ( as you'd expect Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Toon Club, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, River Plate, Dinamo Zagreb for example all have Chess.com clubs that play each other) . With my low grading I still get to play for 3 other clubs - Team England, Sussex and Hastings. As much or as little as everyone wants. Have a look. I'd be happy to help get something started.

Well, well I've just discovered that in Chess.com there is a Brighton and Hove Albion club, founded in Feb 2017, now has nine members, none of whom appears to live or come from Sussex, some international supporters!! and by the way, Spurs, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley, Birmingham City, Fulham, Portsmouth, Reading, Blackburn Rovers, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Rotherham Utd, Brentford, Notts Forest, Middlesbrough, Sheffeld Wednes, QPR, Deby, Hull City, Sunderland and even bloody Milton Keynes Dons all have a chess club on the site.

Last edited:

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Count me in. Chess.com is very good because we can create our own B H Albion chess club, communicate, practice, set up tournaments, matches against each other and against other clubs ( as you'd expect Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Toon Club, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, River Plate, Dinamo Zagreb for example all have Chess.com clubs that play each other) . With my low grading I still get to play for 3 other clubs - Team England, Sussex and Hastings. As much or as little as everyone wants. Have a look. I'd be happy to help get something started.

Sounds good! Are you going to set it up Maffew!!?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here