Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I didn't mean that in any kind of disparaging way either, the guy turns 37 in October so not an illogical opinion, but you know, he's just one of those blokes you can see has looked after himself so well, his physical age is more like that of 32/33 . His calmness, experience and influence could seriously be worth far more than an extra yard of pace.

I've been an enthusiastic Bruno advocate for a long time on here, and agree he was our best player yesterday (although Solly was worth a shout, too). But one of the reasons his (lack of) pace wasn't exposed yesterday is that we defended extremely compactly, with the full backs (especially the right back) tucked in. When we play against teams of our level, we'll need to be more expansive and it's in those games we'll see whether Bruno can deal with the additional pace in the PL.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've been an enthusiastic Bruno advocate for a long time on here, and agree he was our best player yesterday (although Solly was worth a shout, too). But one of the reasons his (lack of) pace wasn't exposed yesterday is that we defended extremely compactly, with the full backs (especially the right back) tucked in. When we play against teams of our level, we'll need to be more expansive and it's in those games we'll see whether Bruno can deal with the additional pace in the PL.

Spot on. I thought the same yesterday. Because of his excellent positioning, he didn't give anyone the chance to really out pace him yesterday. There will be a few games this season where he does get done by pace but anyone with half a brain will expect this and accept what he gives to the team as a wholee after this does happen & back him as a player. A bit like Stephens having one bad game completely up against it yesterday, and people slating him on here ::(

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I love Bruno and he is clearly good enough, against a side like city where we are camped in though there will be very little room in behind us for quick players to exploit so it sort of suited him a bit yesterday, against not as good opposition when we hopefully get forward a bit more he will have more trouble strangely, although will still be a god going forward :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bruno is a good technical footballer and, OK, the modern system is for the full back and winger to cover each other. It works and hopefully we shouldn't get done for pace down that side too often. There will be worse teams than City for us to be a bit more attack minded against.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My thoughts exactly. He was my MOM yesterday though. He was immense and looked absolute quality. Please let me wrong about pace catching him out in future games.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I totally agree.

I thought everyone ran themselves into the ground trying to stop the multi million pound City Team but I got the impression that Bruno was the only Brighton player who thought, '' I am as good as any one of those players on the opposing side '' The other players will get that confidence in the coming weeks but Bruno has it already.

Totally agree, although we may be being a bit harsh on Solly who looked thoroughly at home in that company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here