Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Plant Question

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you mean the blue and white Agapanthus bed by the Albion Hotel, that is one of my efforts. You will see this scheme all over Brighton and Hove. I did my best whilst I had the position at work to florally "Blue & White-up" my home town! Lewes Road in April at Moulscoombe has also had the Albion colours treatment.

I love a bit of Agapanthus

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well here's the plants in question, photos taken by yours truly this morning (taking VERY careful care to point AWAY from all the kids playing tennis in the tennis courts, just in case one's motives be seriously misconstrued and police involvement ensue...). the plant at one end of the tennis courts is about seven foot tall, and the one at the other end must be at least ten foot.

PP1.jpg

PP2.jpg

And speaking of giant plants [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION], what are those giant rhubarb leave looky-likeys by the pond at the PP rockery? What gives

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Well here's the plants in question, photos taken by yours truly this morning (taking VERY careful care to point AWAY from all the kids playing tennis in the tennis courts, just in case one's motives be seriously misconstrued and police involvement ensue...). the plant at one end of the tennis courts is about seven foot tall, and the one at the other end must be at least ten foot.

View attachment 87730

View attachment 87731

And speaking of giant plants [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION], what are those giant rhubarb leave looky-likeys by the pond at the PP rockery? What gives

yeah that's them, aren't they great!? Thanks :thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
They are giant rhubarb thingys :D Gunnera mannicata

Lucky guess! (There's only one "n" in manicata, otherwise bang on.) :p

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I don't think jevs thinks it was a serious question :moo:
Still, he's never responded to any of my posts to him despite me frequenting his patch long before he got there :hilton:

I'm sorry Simmo but i don't recall ever seeing any posts to me. If you have posted something, may i appologise unreservedly, it's never my intention and i will help anyone where i can, as i'm sure my former manager and bloody good friend Jack Straw will testify.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not the Scotch !

Turn and run!
Nothing can stop them,
Around every river and canal their power is growing.
Stamp them out!
We must destroy them,
They infiltrate each city with their thick dark warning odour.
They are invincible,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here