Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Masters 2018

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Although the odds are shorter, I usually place a few bets after the first round, some of the top players and favourites often have stinkers in round one and almost impossible to recover and win or get in top three.
Always look forward to The Masters but not looking forward to a Tiger fest, I thought I had seen the last of that, its going to be all about him again, the man is a 24 carat arse****, i hope he scores 10 over, but he will blame it on hayfever.
I was hoping he would never swing a club again.

As I post this there is a Paddy Power ad on about money back if Tiger Woods wins, FFS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Always look forward to The Masters but not looking forward to a Tiger fest, I thought I had seen the last of that, its going to be all about him again, the man is a 24 carat arse****
Agreed. I'd be happy to watch the Masters with the best golfers competing, without the sideshow of that tw@t.

LennyD

Jul 15, 2009
Mickelson @ 16s
Kisner @100s
Rose @ 12s

10 places with skybet

This year is wide open though, you could make a case for probably 25 players to win it, I too hope Tiger doesnt take away the attention from everybody else

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Spieth 15/1 e/w
Fleetwood 40/1 e/w
Stenson 40/1 e/w

£2.50 e/w on each

All placing Top 8

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And we're off - Bryan, Potter par the 1st. Garlic Bread?!?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Only one player under par with 21 out on the course. An early indication the course is playing tough?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Only one player under par with 21 out on the course. An early indication the course is playing tough?

They have had rain leading up to the start so it's playing longer, but that should mean the greens are slower and you can attack the flag ( well as much as you can at Augusta)
Augusta has the most horrific greens of any course, TV gives you no idea of how undulating they are and when fast and the pins are in there most tricky positions they are bordering on unfair.
TV coverage never gives you an idea on just how difficult Augusta is.
Great tournament, great course but there is something about the people that run the club and their superiority that I don't like, they have a chequered past regarding black players and women but some British clubs are as bad regarding women members.
Is it better than The British Open?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
You wait for hours for the Sky Go coverage to start, and when it finally does they spend half the time on Bubba's 2012! I really should #gettalife

Jimmy Grimble

Anyone just see Garcia put 5 (five) balls in a row into the water at 15? He's currently putting for a 13!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone just see Garcia put 5 (five) balls in a row into the water at 15? He's currently putting for a 13!
Yep. If I hadn't seen it (or ever seen the Masters), I'd assume he played a load of bad shots, but as it is, he put the ball by the pin. I think it's a poor course that punishes someone so much when they've done little wrong.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was half watching and presumed they were showing replays!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Spieth in ridiculous form again. Annoyingly when he's on top of his game I don't think there's anyone better.

Jimmy Grimble

Early days, but Leishman and, especially, Finau look like they could be great calls.

Each way without a doubt, but I'm already struggling to see Spieth getting caught (and I've backed Rory!). His iron play and putting are out of this world at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here