Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When were these photos taken at the Goldstone ?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I thought the new one opened in the autumn of 1984. I remember the North Stand was out of use for a few matches at the start of that season.

Yes it was. I remember going to the first game with the new roof. (can't remember who we played). Pretty certain it was several games into the 84/85 season.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Guy with the dark mullet is in both pics v sheff utd still goes now .Also remember a mate at that game had about 4 /5 corner him by the corner flag so he used that on them

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Guy with the dark mullet is in both pics v sheff utd still goes now .Also remember a mate at that game had about 4 /5 corner him by the corner flag so he used that on them
Would that mate with the corner flag be one who ended up in trouble for an altercation with Leeds fans? If so, I knew him back in the day.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
yeah, they don't like it up em
regads
DR
I was there, I am in that picture, and they were a tough nut to crack, honours just about even on the pitch, but they gave us a right going over at the bottom of the footbridge at Hove station... Fonthill Rd.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

image.jpg

A bit of running around.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
99% running and posturing. 1% actually throwing punches. Pathetic really but terrific atmospheres it can't be denied!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
"Shook hands" with a few of your lot on the pitch. Some wearing Para t-shirts.
It wasn't only Paras that night they seldom turned out at home games and definatly not at away games. Funnily enough the round before was fun and games v Bournemouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here