Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those that voted UKIP in the Local Elections, will you vote again?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

All those that voted UKIP in the local elections, afterwards the other parties said they would sit up and listen to the concerns of UKIP voters, so have the other parties done anything to restore your faith since then? For me nothing has changed, so I will be voting for UKIP again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All those that voted UKIP in the local elections, afterwards the other parties said they would sit up and listen to the concerns of UKIP voters, so have the other parties done anything to restore your faith since then? For me nothing has changed, so I will be voting for UKIP again.

So you are in support of bringing back handguns in the UK? :guns:

D

Deleted member 22389

So you are in support of bringing back handguns in the UK? :guns:

UKIP focused around a proper immigration policy that benefits everyone.
I don't know where the hand guns thing comes from, so I will be interested to see if that is included in the manifesto.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
UKIP focused around a proper immigration policy that benefits everyone.
I don't know where the hand guns thing comes from, so I will be interested to see if that is included in the manifesto.

What are your views on the NIESR report that stated that the Tory immigration proposals would cut economic growth by 11%?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Clearly I am not the target for your question, but this is NSC, so you get all sides.

Anecdotally the local UKIP councillors have been variously reported as obstructive, patronising and out of their depth. The last one at least, I think they deserve more time to address.

Since the completion of the new footbridge to Shoreham Beach, we have been waiting for a scheme that will tidy up the access ramp on the Beach side, the parking and the local parade of shops. It looks like we have another year delay now, due to the approval being blocked at WSCC level by the local UKIP councillor.

The argument is over three parking spaces and really this should not be difficult to resolve and I am not sure this even warrants the involvement of the county council. From my perspective good local representatives should be able to advance a compromise and move things forward, this obstructive attitude is not proving popular with the locals.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For me nothing has changed, so I will be voting for UKIP again.

Do you not read the news?

What are your views on the NIESR report that stated that the Tory immigration proposals would cut economic growth by 11%?

I can't see that being a problem. There was an interview with Farage a few months ago when he said that if UKIP policies meant less growth, then so be it. It was a price worth paying for more independence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...e-poorer-with-fewer-migrants-Farage-says.html

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There was an interview with Farage a few months ago when he said that if UKIP policies meant less growth, then so be it. It was a price worth paying for more independence

[/url]

That can't be right, as [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] said that UKIP's policies would benefit EVERYONE, but that contradicts what the economic forecasters are saying. Why are they getting it wrong?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Do you not read the news?

I can't see that being a problem. There was an interview with Farage a few months ago when he said that if UKIP policies meant less growth, then so be it. It was a price worth paying for more independence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...e-poorer-with-fewer-migrants-Farage-says.html

Actually when you look at the overall economic picture I don't think anybody is really any better off because of immigration? Seems to me the areas that people live in have just got busier that is all, which in turn on some areas has created extra pressures on services.

A succesful immigration policy is one where we only take best people, the ones who can make a proper contribution to the system for example doctors, nurses, teachers, business people who are going to start large businesses and create hundreds of jobs for local people and one where people don't need to fall back on our benefits system to help them live. What is the point of someone coming here to end up in a minimum wage job. Is what I say fair?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Without even reading it my conclusion is that it is preposterously wide of the mark, reports often are....

I fully agree, there's no way [MENTION=27983]Bas[/MENTION]hldir could be wrong.

The authors are probably communists, Muslim communists, who also work for the BBC.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They have created an earthquake in European politics.
I think one counciller was suspended for racism within five days of being elected.
They have come up to my expectactions of doing **** all, and being total wankers.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I voted UKIP , this time I am not decided , I know with the Tories we will get a vote on the Brussels and I agree with their benefits cuts and other public service cuts , read yesterday two retiring officers from the fire brigade got golden handshakes of £570,000 between them , outrageous !

The policy I am not too keen on is all this hypocrisy with siding with one side or another in different conflicts for example supplying arms to Israel and our ass licking of the US , when they ask us to do it we do it , another example cutting our forces budget some while ago then the US kick up about it and all of a sudden it may be increased ?

I will wait a little longer to decide .

D

Deleted member 22389

I voted UKIP , this time I am not decided , I know with the Tories we will get a vote on the Brussels and I agree with their benefits cuts and other public service cuts , read yesterday two retiring officers from the fire brigade got golden handshakes of £570,000 between them , outrageous !

The policy I am not too keen on is all this hypocrisy with siding with one side or another in different conflicts for example supplying arms to Israel and our ass licking of the US , when they ask us to do it we do it , another example cutting our forces budget some while ago then the US kick up about it and all of a sudden it may be increased ?

I will wait a little longer to decide .

Thanks for replying with a sensible post.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thanks for replying with a sensible post.

I think you would agree that Europe and immigration are the overriding arguments for voting UKIP. The consequences for voting UKIP in parish/town/county elections, where they have no influence at all over either of these matters, is that it throws a spanner in the works of local government. I am sure some people would see this as a good thing. Adur unlike Brighton and Hove has been running quite well for the last few years and I think it is unfortunate that local government has been dragged into this argument.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The reasons for voting UKIP are:

1: You believe that immigration has a detrimental impact on the economy.
2: You believe that Brussels has no democratic legitimacy in determining legislation.
3: You believe that immigration dilutes the indigenous cultural values of this country.
4: You believe the Daily Express

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here