Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray’s head injury

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's hard to believe that Newcastle are bottom of the table, they battered us for most of the game. Shelvey is class and if they had the mighty Glenn Murray, they would easily be top half in my opinion. Shows what an absolute bargain he was for us. Peter Ward was so exciting and drove us towards heights that our club had never seen, but Murray has proved to be class at the highest level and is for me the finest ever striker we have had in my 45 years of attendance. Legend. (Can you believe, there where some idiots, like me, that didn't want him back after his p***** stint, despite constantly defending him during his Withdean days.)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's hard to believe that Newcastle are bottom of the table, they battered us for most of the game. Shelvey is class and if they had the mighty Glenn Murray, they would easily be top half in my opinion.

The ridiculous/ hilarious thing is, they already had ‘Glenn Murray’, in the shape of Mitrovic, and let him go. Mental.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just a tip for if you deal with someone who's out cold on the floor with a possible head, neck or back injury.
Don't do as Newcastle no. 15 did and grab the injured person around the throat and head whilst he is out cold and clearly in trouble.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's hard to believe that Newcastle are bottom of the table, they battered us for most of the game

On yesterday’s single game possibly. But they have been struggling on the pitch for some time now, since before the end of last season. Looking at this as a whole it’s very easy to see why they’re bottom. I predicted them to go down in another NSC thread and I am sticking with this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On yesterday’s single game possibly. But they have been struggling on the pitch for some time now, since before the end of last season. Looking at this as a whole it’s very easy to see why they’re bottom. I predicted them to go down in another NSC thread and I am sticking with this.

I think you could be right. I’m not really sure they ‘battered’ us anyway. We let them have lots of possession, but an awful lot of that was in their own half or around halfway and they found it pretty difficult to find a way through us. They put a lot of crosses in, but it looked as though we were happy to let them do that, knowing D&D had the beating of their front players in the air. Otherwise, they were restricted to long range shots, and most of them were awful. Towards the end, Shelvey was walking with the ball with nothing moving in front of him.

Difficult to see where their goals will come from.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I think you could be right. I’m not really sure they ‘battered’ us anyway. We let them have lots of possession, but an awful lot of that was in their own half or around halfway and they found it pretty difficult to find a way through us. They put a lot of crosses in, but it looked as though we were happy to let them do that, knowing D&D had the beating of their front players in the air. Otherwise, they were restricted to long range shots, and most of them were awful. Towards the end, Shelvey was walking with the ball with nothing moving in front of him.

Difficult to see where their goals will come from.
Agreed. With all that play they were absolutely toothless. Utter dross.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wonder if Glenn will be in the defensive wall next time on the pitch?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's hard to believe that Newcastle are bottom of the table, they battered us for most of the game. Shelvey is class and if they had the mighty Glenn Murray, they would easily be top half in my opinion. Shows what an absolute bargain he was for us. Peter Ward was so exciting and drove us towards heights that our club had never seen, but Murray has proved to be class at the highest level and is for me the finest ever striker we have had in my 45 years of attendance. Legend. (Can you believe, there where some idiots, like me, that didn't want him back after his p***** stint, despite constantly defending him during his Withdean days.)

Hand up,I thought Glenn was a ****.Hope the club buy Shelvey when Newcs relegated.Can't stand him for some reason,but what a player.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Classy from the toon fans yesterday applauding him off the pitch. Stark contrast with the Derby fans a couple of years ago when Solly had his serious injury.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Defibrillators are great, but why on earth not teach the recovery position? Bonkers. I think you might have had a dodgy instructor.

Instructor was non-other than Jenny Stretton - she was Wolves first team physio 2001-04 and is currently England u18 physio based out of St Georges Park - she's been doing this course since god was wearing short trousers - to suggest she is dodgy is, frankly, laughable.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I updated my first aid with the FA too. Recovery position was taught! Done by non other than Malcolm Stuart. Nice to see consistency!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Did MS teach use of the publicly available defibrillators?
If not, looks like he's not yet updated to the latest FA first aid syllabus IFAiF which came into effect in Feb-17 ....
This teaches the jaw-thrust which clears the airway - the reason for avoiding the recovery position is minimising movement to an injured player - only time you'd do this now [according to the latest guidelines] is:
1. Any unresponsive player who is breathing normally but there is concern of risk to the airway with fluid e.g. blood or vomit
2. Any conscious player if they are going to be left alone whilst help is summoned and they are at risk of lapsing back into unconsciousness [rare in sport situation]

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Did MS teach use of the publicly available defibrillators?
If not, looks like he's not yet updated to the latest FA first aid syllabus IFAiF which came into effect in Feb-17 ....
This teaches the jaw-thrust which clears the airway - the reason for avoiding the recovery position is minimising movement to an injured player - only time you'd do this now [according to the latest guidelines] is:
1. Any unresponsive player who is breathing normally but there is concern of risk to the airway with fluid e.g. blood or vomit
2. Any conscious player if they are going to be left alone whilst help is summoned and they are at risk of lapsing back into unconsciousness [rare in sport situation]
So assuming your casualty fits criteria 1 or 2, then it would be recommended that they are placed in the recovery position. Let’s hope Jenny therefore taught you how to do this. The advice has always been not to move a casualty if you suspect spinal injury, unless their airway is compromised - asphyxiation will kill you more quickly than a (possible) neck injury, so nothing’s changed there. Jaw thrust is quite tricky to do effectively - great that it’s taught in your training, but I wonder whether it’s taught across the spectrum of first aid courses.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I've said it before in the past, and I'll say it again as it's been a while since one of our players has (thankfully) needed one.

The medical staff (be it St. John, Red Cross, local NHS Ambulance trust) will quite often be wearing normal shoes on their feet. What good is it an injured player, for them to come sprinting on to a watered grass pitch only to slip and possibly injure themselves? That is why they walk on.

Barber confirms this in his interview with the Argus today.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...enn-murrays-return-in-hands-of-medical-staff/

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've said it before in the past, and I'll say it again as it's been a while since one of our players has (thankfully) needed one.

The medical staff (be it St. John, Red Cross, local NHS Ambulance trust) will quite often be wearing normal shoes on their feet. What good is it an injured player, for them to come sprinting on to a watered grass pitch only to slip and possibly injure themselves? That is why they walk on.

I’d suggest it had more to do with the weight of one of the stretcher bearers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here