Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The most painful thing in the world

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Child birth is very traumatic for the dads too if they're squeamish - which I am. It's like watching a wet St Bernard trying t get in through the cat flap.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have a lot of tooth problems and pains, but the worst was one I had to go to the Hospital for emergency treatment and the bugger jabbed me in the wrong place so it never went numb, I kept saying to him I can still feel the pain so it isn't numbed, he said do you want me to take the root out or not? So we did it, he drilled my infected root out with me gripping the chair, flailing my legs around and tears rolling down my cheeks. It was over fairly quickly though, unlike some of you poor ******** on here with days of it.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
That made me laugh out loud:lolol:

and spit my coffee over my iPad!,,,,

Meant to quote [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]’s post

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Child birth is very traumatic for the dads too if they're squeamish - which I am. It's like watching a wet St Bernard trying t get in through the cat flap.
So so lucky that my Mrs had to have an emergency c section. All this childbirth pain thing is obviously bad but will nobody think of the fathers. The people who have to witness such carnage. With their EYES.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not convinced ANY of these are even close to the pain of my corn.....I guess stuck in a lift with HBnB comes close though.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
When I went to A&E many years ago with a pain in my abdomen so bad I had to lie on the floor, I was certainly rushed up the triage queue! The medic asked "is it the worst pain you've ever experienced?" I'd thought ear ache was bad before but confessed this was probably worse. That was all they needed - straight into genitourinary for kidney stones. So the medical profession evidently consider it quite bad!

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Anyone mentioned ingrown toenails yet?

Just walking is painful enough, let alone when you accidentally smash it on something.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
During a squash match, I tried to volley the return of the ball and missed. It hit my eye. That was the most painful thing in the world.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone mentioned ingrown toenails yet?

Just walking is painful enough, let alone when you accidentally smash it on something.

Coincidentally I got my first ever one this week, and made a mess trying to sort it out myself with a combination of nail clippers and scissors, which left a bloody mess and my eyes watering just a bit.

It sounds ridiculous when compared to what else is on this thread, but dropping anything on a toe is never pleasant. I'd last two seconds under torture if it involved dropping full tins of baked beans onto my bare toes. If the Gestapo had used the 'baked bean tin onto toe' the Germans might have won the war.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Mrs T reports a massive vaginal haematoma caused by a **** doctor with a pair of wayward foreceps. Hang on---my nsc account has been taken over....

Hello - Mrs Tackle here. Yes - after giving birth to Small (no pain relief), it was noted that because of the way the doctor forced the forceps up the chuff, it had given me a grapefruit-sized haematoma (a massive blood-blister to you and me). The pain was white hot, unbelievable. Far, FAR worse than having a small person squeezed through your wotsit.
Right well that's put me off breakfast

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have a lot of tooth problems and pains, but the worst was one I had to go to the Hospital for emergency treatment and the bugger jabbed me in the wrong place so it never went numb, I kept saying to him I can still feel the pain so it isn't numbed, he said do you want me to take the root out or not? So we did it, he drilled my infected root out with me gripping the chair, flailing my legs around and tears rolling down my cheeks. It was over fairly quickly though, unlike some of you poor ******** on here with days of it.
I had a root canal that didn't go right so paid extra for an "expert" to try again, within 2minutes he'd snapped the drill bit off in my tooth and spent the next 20 trying to yank it out with a pair of pliers! 3 months later after another infection the tooth came out and at the base of the root was a huge crack which he caused!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Is the correct answer.

I can't believe it took 48 posts!

Can you imagine the mind that came up with this Lego-Fire-Walk.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Weaver fish sting is pretty spicy. I remember working in A&E at RSCH one year when we had an outbreak on Brighton Beach and punters would come in screaming the yard down. Apparently one of them caused a French paddler to cut off his own toe as the pain was so intense.

On a personal note, a comminuted fracture of the tibial plateau cased by a tyre swing thingy which saw my lower leg sticking out at a jaunty angle and then being carried a cross a massive park and dumped in a bloody mini, of all things!, for a hectic dash to Southend Hospital and then the debus when there...that wasn't much fun.

Also, I don't recommend a cystoscope where a urologist sticks a metal rod into your japs eye. Eek. I don't recommend that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Plucking a rogue nasal hair must be up there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here