Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tatically Inept !

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No matter what hyypia does he will get slated by most on here.....lose - lose IMO.

Are you saying that you agree with his tactical decisions today? When I saw the team I was optimistic unfortunately almost every decision after that was flawed. If Solly March cannot play 60 minutes he should not be on the bench ahead of others, simple.
The constant backwards/sideways passing is now painful to watch why can we not pass forward with pace, on the (very) few occasions we did we looked good.

This morning I was very optimistic with my mojo back tonight I am resigned to a relegation battle and poor football, today was the straw that broke the camels back for this generally positive supporter.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you really can't see why Sami did that then there's not much point in trying to talk to you about the game.

I agree - that was the only thing he did get right tactically. We had just started losing the midfield (as per normal) and Ince made a difference for a bit.

However, unless injured the withdrawal of Elliott was ridiculous, especially given Colunga was out on his feet and JFC was having a mare....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This. He switched players and maintained width. It was not a like for like.

That is the pointu he didnt for most of the time Colunga was on the left and he sent Elliott out there also so the Fulham left back had nobody within 20 yds of him. As no like for like replacement available I would have sent Baldock on to play the channels.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I agree - that was the only thing he did get right tactically. We had just started losing the midfield (as per normal) and Ince made a difference for a bit.

However, unless injured the withdrawal of Elliott was ridiculous, especially given Colunga was out on his feet and JFC was having a mare....

....But can Benno last 90,i am not so sure.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I assumed that when KLL went off he would bring on March but I think he brought on Ince because he could see that Ruiz was starting to have an impact and find space and that no one was picking him up. Bringing on Ince gave us the extra man in the middle to counter that but with obvious consequences elsewhere!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The tactical ineptness for me was not using the third sub to bring on Baldock to play alongside Bent for the last 5 or 10 mins when we were chasing the game.

I am trying to be positive about Sammy but hat was plain stupid in my view.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Putting Bennett over on the left and then having Colunga on the right straight after kaz went off was inept to say the least. They stayed like that for a while!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here