Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Lancs Day 4

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I expect a declaration as soon as Grizzly hits 200...

If we dont declare then it really does prove we dont want to win the championship...

It'll be tough to bowl Lancs out in less than a day though...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
RMJ out, 313/5

Expect some fireworks now with Prior at the crease... Whenever he comes in and we need quick runs its either out early or swing 6 swing 4 swing 6 again etc...

Having spent yesterday afternoon watching this game, I've come to the conclusion that the only way Sussex might possibly win is for Lancashire to get some quick wickets.

Adams is clearly batting for a draw - and has been since yesterday morning. Exactly the same cautious tactic he employed against Surrey on the third and fourth days.

Sussex supporters were barracking Lancashire for the deliberate slow play tactics they were using in the last hour yesterday - outrageous stuff (one over took almost ten minutes). But with neither side interested in getting a result, it made no difference.

How the County Cricket authorities think this will bring the crowds in is beyond me. The sport deserves to die.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well Adams is out for 190, new batsman has come in, why the f*** haven't we declared?

Adams you are starting piss me off with your captaincy...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Still no declaration...

FFS, COME ON! How are Lancs sposed to gt 374 runs before 6pm? Are u having a laugh Grizzly?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Disgraceful! It'll be another day of waiting for the inevitability of a draw. Made even worse by the interminable boredom of watching them. Huh! Pink Shirt must be having a field day...

391 runs ahead. Four and a quarter hours to play.

Adams is obviously worried that Lancashire might be capable of scoring at the rate of 92 runs an hour (552 runs a day).

:angry:

He's got the draw he wanted.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Billy Taylor On A Mission...

Lancs 74/4

Billy Taylor has figures of...
Overs 15
Maidens 8
Runs 25
Wickets 4

:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sussex Win By 252 Runs!!!

Lancs all out for 139 in their 2nd innings...

Mushy 5/49 from 33.2 overs
Taylor 4/42 from 26 overs
David 1/15 from 12 overs

Superb bowling chaps!!! :clap:

The championship is back on, 5 points behind Surrey (i think) with 4 games to go!!!

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here