Votes: 31 24.2%
  • No - it's just not worth the risk

Votes: 97 75.8%

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wouldn't put my family at risk. It's a no from me.

I never fancied it before all this kicked off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wouldn't put my family at risk. It's a no from me.

I never fancied it before all this kicked off.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Tunisia has dropped quite a few places in the Global Peace Index since the Arab Spring - down to 79th from 40.

This means that it is still a very safe country to visit, while proportionately less so than a decade ago.

There has been a terrorist attack in Tunisia. This does not mean that all of a sudden it is an unsafe place to visit - you would be hard pressed to find a country that hasn't suffered a terrorist attack.

It's important to remain rational about things. We shouldn't let the terrorists and the media skew our perceptions of reality in such a way that makes us irrationally fearful of freak random occurrences.

your points above are rational. I went to Morocco earlier this year on same basis. However but you only get one life and i would pass at the moment. And i think those who are saying the same are being fairly sensible

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Tunisia has dropped quite a few places in the Global Peace Index since the Arab Spring - down to 79th from 40.

This means that it is still a very safe country to visit, while proportionately less so than a decade ago.

There has been a terrorist attack in Tunisia. This does not mean that all of a sudden it is an unsafe place to visit - you would be hard pressed to find a country that hasn't suffered a terrorist attack.

It's important to remain rational about things. We shouldn't let the terrorists and the media skew our perceptions of reality in such a way that makes us irrationally fearful of freak random occurrences.

your points above are rational. I went to Morocco earlier this year on same basis. However but you only get one life and i would pass at the moment. And i think those who are saying the same are being fairly sensible

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tourism is extremely important for Tunisia - let's not let a rogue terrorist ruin that for an entire population of people, was my point.

That is my agenda, and it wasn't intended to be hidden. Is it really incomprehensible and meaningless to you?

Was more than one terrorist, and I suspect it has ruined it. Are you going there to show your support ?

Went there many years ago and not been back, but that's because the hotel was shit, the food was shit, the people were unfriendly, the weather was too hot and there wasn't an awful lot to do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tourism is extremely important for Tunisia - let's not let a rogue terrorist ruin that for an entire population of people, was my point.

That is my agenda, and it wasn't intended to be hidden. Is it really incomprehensible and meaningless to you?

Was more than one terrorist, and I suspect it has ruined it. Are you going there to show your support ?

Went there many years ago and not been back, but that's because the hotel was shit, the food was shit, the people were unfriendly, the weather was too hot and there wasn't an awful lot to do.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sounds similar to Morocco , although there was a fair bit to see and genuinely a life changing experience , i was fortunate enough to have a stunning girl freind at that time and although she covered up as advised in public the amount of sheer hassle and groping was totally un -forseen , it really showed Moroccan's up to be rather medieval in thinking although as i said it was, on the whole a very interesting place but ruined by it's inhabitants .

:needpics:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sounds similar to Morocco , although there was a fair bit to see and genuinely a life changing experience , i was fortunate enough to have a stunning girl freind at that time and although she covered up as advised in public the amount of sheer hassle and groping was totally un -forseen , it really showed Moroccan's up to be rather medieval in thinking although as i said it was, on the whole a very interesting place but ruined by it's inhabitants .

:needpics:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

When are you going then?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

When are you going then?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Stayed in the hotel literally two doors down from the shooting last year. Whilst we wouldn't go there again (all inclusive definitely wasn't our thing), everyone there was extremely welcoming and friendly and I can't help but think that this will destroy them.

[MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] there have been three terrorist attacks in Tunisia recently including a failed suicide bombing on the same beach as this one.
Your absolutely right this will destroy the tourism industry out there. This is exactly what the terrorist want. I think Tunisia is a democratically elected government and anything that will undermine the economy and lead to unrest is their main goal.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Stayed in the hotel literally two doors down from the shooting last year. Whilst we wouldn't go there again (all inclusive definitely wasn't our thing), everyone there was extremely welcoming and friendly and I can't help but think that this will destroy them.

[MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] there have been three terrorist attacks in Tunisia recently including a failed suicide bombing on the same beach as this one.
Your absolutely right this will destroy the tourism industry out there. This is exactly what the terrorist want. I think Tunisia is a democratically elected government and anything that will undermine the economy and lead to unrest is their main goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here