somewhere in Eastbourne
great player and loved a bet suffering from Alzheimers

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
great player,isn't he hated by Sunderland fans

after Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973 they had one more game at home to QPR

the FA Cup was put on display and I think a few QPR players had bets as to who could knock it over with the ball during the match

the QPR team that finished 2nd to Liverpool was a very good team & entertaining

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
great player,isn't he hated by Sunderland fans

after Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973 they had one more game at home to QPR

the FA Cup was put on display and I think a few QPR players had bets as to who could knock it over with the ball during the match

the QPR team that finished 2nd to Liverpool was a very good team & entertaining
Did he end up knocking it over?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Sad news. Pure genius that man. God given talent but smoked like a chimney, went on a daily round of pubs and bookies and stuck two fingers up to authority more than once. Womaniser as well by all accounts.

I wish I'd been him.

As they used to sing at QPR ...
Our friend Stan is a footballing man
And from the way he scores his gow-als
You know his name is Stanley Bowles
(Slade - My Friend Stan)

Manager Ernie Tagg (Crewe Manager 1964-71) once said: "If Stan could pass a betting shop like he can pass a football, he would be all right." Tagg even used to give Bowles' wages directly to his wife.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Flair player in the mould of Rodney Marsh, who Manager Gordon Jago replaced with Bowles, who did even better in a great QPR team including Dave Thomas flying down the right, Don Givens down the left and Gerry Francis attacking midfield.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Flair player in the mould of Rodney Marsh, who Manager Gordon Jago replaced with Bowles, who did even better in a great QPR team including Dave Thomas flying down the right, Don Givens down the left and Gerry Francis attacking midfield.

You know when you mention that side,plus Parkes in goal that was some side. Just look at the first goal against Liverpool if a Brazil or Italian side in their heyday had scored a goal like that you would never hear the end of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgPNPpEeQvw

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
You know when you mention that side,plus Parkes in goal that was some side. Just look at the first goal against Liverpool if a Brazil or Italian side in their heyday had scored a goal like that you would never hear the end of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgPNPpEeQvw

those where the days when you could name entire teams as the starting 11 was usually the same

Parkes in goal

Clement & Gillard fullbacks

Hollins,McLintock & Webb

Francis,Bowles,Leach

Thomas,Masson,Givens

should have won the league that year,lost a crucial game at Norwich 3-2

fair play to Liverpool,they were involved in a two legged UEFA Cup Final against Bruges

and had to go and win at Wolves which they did

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
did we really need two threads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here