Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things we won't say about race that are true

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Even when using facts on reporting cases against certain races gets you the racist label, no wonder people are scared to speak out

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Dont be, just give as good as you get.

I guess as that woman pointed out, since the police and social services ignored the problems it does risk becoming the 'social norm' because thats what that certain race does, and its seen as racist not to let them be the way they are

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Things we won't say about race but are true. It would be hard to disagree after Rotherham and other such cases if those statistics quoted are accurate. I'd speak out but there seems a lot of people whose opinions are encompassed in there jobs that don't seem to.

Then again how would you know about most of these cases unless you were involved as a policeman, social worker etc.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
On the face of it, I agree with the points made and that people should be able to offend and take offence

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
0.5% Jewish population and 1/5th of UK billlonaires and on average their income is more, so using statics its right to call them money pinchers

You don't have to be a money pincher as you call it to be financially successful. Maybe many Jewish people are simply cleverer than you... and maybe better educated.... not jealous of success by any chance are you ?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Interesting to see over the course of the program how many non white, Asian , Jewish, Afro Carribean that Trevor DIDN'T interview. As for his Segregation segment, people of all faiths, colours and religion will seek haven/home with whom they feel comfortable with. Hence large communities of English, Asian,Jewish, African and European clustering in certain areas of the country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thing is, are we becoming more segregated?

Yes, that is likely. The idea of multi-culturalism was a noble one, but in practise we have a plural form of monoculture.

Discussing race simply blurs the lines, however, and sends the topic off in a dangerous direction.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
J
Are these things actually true?

I last one is a comparison that fails to compare with anything.

it may just be semantics but that is very poorly written.

How does one define 'smart parents'?

'Alchool fuelled crime is committed by white Britons' All of it?

I could go on.

Well dare I say it.....it looked pretty accurate to me. ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
0.5% Jewish population and 1/5th of UK billlonaires and on average their income is more, so using statics its right to call them money pinchers

0.7% of world population and 20% of all Nobel prize winners. Jewish people have contributed massively in all areas of society.

NSC's RICHEST poster [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] is Jewish!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thought this was quite a good programme,This was however Phillips opinion,he did indeed use facts and figures to back up his claim the country has been getting it all wrong with regards to race relations, multiculturalism etc.You can argue against the opinion but the facts and figures he gave are there.I thought it would be an opinion that would be welcomed into a debate that is widely talked about in this country,especially from his viewpoint and given his credentials,at least its another way of thinking into a difficult issue.
Sadly by some of the comments flying across the internet this morning,mostly coming from people and groups that claim to be "liberal" you would have thought he had committed some sort of vile hate genocide.
It would appear some people simply dont want people talking about racism,immigration,multiculturalism and would prefer they shut the frack up.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He speaks very nicely, for one of those.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Thought this was quite a good programme,This was however Phillips opinion,he did indeed use facts and figures to back up his claim the country has been getting it all wrong with regards to race relations, multiculturalism etc.You can argue against the opinion but the facts and figures he gave are there.I thought it would be an opinion that would be welcomed into a debate that is widely talked about in this country,especially from his viewpoint and given his credentials,at least its another way of thinking into a difficult issue.
Sadly by some of the comments flying across the internet this morning,mostly coming from people and groups that claim to be "liberal" you would have thought he had committed some sort of vile hate genocide.
It would appear some people simply dont want people talking about racism,immigration,multiculturalism and would prefer they shut the frack up.

Exactly the point he was trying to make, the enviorment we have created, has created people so anti racist/immigration that when they are presented with hard facts, they are prepared to do away with freedom of speech in order to make/want people to shut up

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
0.7% of world population and 20% of all Nobel prize winners. Jewish people have contributed massively in all areas of society.

NSC's RICHEST poster @Steve Foster is Jewish!

The surprise to me about that little factoid is that "only" 20% of Nobel prize winners are Jewish; I'd have guessed a higher proportion were.

It's only right and proper that we have a "NSC Rich List" to rival the annual ST one. I wonder if [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] can tell us by what margin his net worth exceeds that of the person who is #2 on the list?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here