Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Going forward he’s ahead of Bruno, but defensively not as good as Bruno. And Bruno isn’t great at defending. He looked lost and like he wanted to hide

It is a myth he is great at going forward. Fast yes but bar one disputed penalty has not been part of any goal we have scored or chance. Bruno in my opinion is better at going forward too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because the other under performers, whilst underperforming, still resemble professional footballers.

Schelotto doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there was me thinking he’d played well enough to keep Bruno out for quite a few games until recently.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Schelletto has been poor and in some cases appalling since that injury against Arsenal. He was shaky before but was all energy which helped the team. Against Everton, Palace and today his contribution was a disgrace. What galls me more than his pathetic positioning, lack of a left foot,, poor heading and the fact he hides in games was his lack of effort defensively. Look at the fourth goal today. The ball is played inside. Schelltto is already a few yards off his man. Instead of closing him down to correct his error he stands around, lets (I think it was Lallana) turn easily and play a ball in the channel leading to the fourth goal. They're brilliant and we've had a brilliant season but just try and tackle him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally, I have thought of the greyhound as a wing back not a right back for sometime now. He definitely has the the attacking pace to go forward but his defensive skills aren't that great.

If we played a back 3 of DD and Goldson, it could work but I don't think that CH will play that way.

Great band.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
He is a liability. Apart from a decent performance vs Chelsea at home, he has been woeful.

Cannot defend properly, positionally poor and technically weak. I know that we have been spoilt with having Bruno at RB for a long time, but even at 37 he is streets ahead of Scheletto - And makes Duffy next to him and Knockaert in front of him much better players.

With Rosenior presumably being released it means we have 4 full backs at the club, but we are in need of replacements for the new signings we made last Summer. Suttner is not as good as Bong, and Scheletto is not as good as Bruno. Hopefully sell them both in order to get two full backs that are better than we already have.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My dad watched the game and said of the whippet: ...by far and away the worst professional footballer he has ever seen playing at the top level - this from a Sheff Utd fan! yep - he knows his bad player's alright.

My feeling in that Schelotto is at his best going forwards, and not when defending... as a defender, well - shucks... that's kind of a major flaw! I still feel like I'm watching a Premier League parody of Peter Smith... fun, but alas: not great.

Oh well.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My dad watched the game and said of the whippet: ...by far and away the worst professional footballer he has ever seen playing at the top level - this from a Sheff Utd fan! yep - he knows his bad player's alright.

My feeling in that Schelotto is at his best going forwards, and not when defending... as a defender, well - shucks... that's kind of a major flaw! I still feel like I'm watching a Premier League parody of Peter Smith... fun, but alas: not great.

Oh well.

He is utter toilet, Peter Smith is how I have described him since I first saw him play, potential cult hero but a really poor footballer. The lack of technique is amazing how he has got so far in the game.

Yesterday was the worst performance I have seen by a Brighton player in a very long time, he looked completely out of his depth.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bruno and Schelotto are very, very different players. A bad game against one of the top teams in European football doesn't make him crap. I didn't see a Brighton player, bar Dunk and Propper who didn't struggle on Sunday. I imagine Hughton included him because Bruno's a bit tired, and Schelotto's pace would come in handy against an unbelievable Liverpool forward line. It didn't work out, but against lesser sides - of which there are many - Schelotto will prove his worth.

People are very quick to judge players after a good/bad performance without giving any heed to the calibre of opposition they were facing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The VICE Alternative Team of the Premier League Season 2017-2018 - A squad made up of the weirdest, most fascinating players in the Premier League:

RW: Ezequiel Schelotto
The first time I saw Ezequiel Schelotto, sauntering into Brighton's administrative headquarters some time around deadline day, I thought to myself, 'Who the ****ing hell is that?' Nineteen games later and it's a question I still ask myself. Not because he's not a decent player with a decent pedigree, but because he seems to come from some footballing otherworld, the kind of player, with the kind of hair, who – even now – rarely makes it to the Premier League.

He reminds me of the kind of players I used to see in Danny Baker "goals and gaffes" videos, perhaps attacking a linesman with his own flag in the Buenos Aries derby. With his Wassup Rockers hair and alarming soul patch, he looks like the kind of player who was held up as an example of the kind of thing that could go wrong in this country if we let too many foreigners in, Alan Sugar's "Carlos Kickaball" nightmare realised in full bleed. But any player singled out and nicknamed "The Musketeer" in Argentina – where even politicians have Iron Maiden haircuts – is somebody we need more of in this country.

More: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/...e-team-of-the-premier-league-season-2017-2018

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He is utter toilet, Peter Smith is how I have described him since I first saw him play, potential cult hero but a really poor footballer. The lack of technique is amazing how he has got so far in the game.

Yesterday was the worst performance I have seen by a Brighton player in a very long time, he looked completely out of his depth.

Difficult to disagree with this. He seems to lack any kind of footballing brain. Maybe I've forgotten the Chelsea performance but everything else I've seen from him is pretty random, positioning, passing, tackling, you name it. Would also be interested in seeing the relationship between AK performances and who is behind him

If CH were only allowed to fill one position this summer then RB it would be imo

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Difficult to disagree with this. He seems to lack any kind of footballing brain. Maybe I've forgotten the Chelsea performance but everything else I've seen from him is pretty random, positioning, passing, tackling, you name it. Would also be interested in seeing the relationship between AK performances and who is behind him

If CH were only allowed to fill one position this summer then RB it would be imo

The Chelsea game, he bombed forward time after time, had two good oppotunities and should have had a pen. But lets not forget we got our arses handed to us that day.

Bruno Brings so much more stability to the back line and right hand side of the pitch, look at the clean sheet stats alone. Add to that Knockers seems to be involved in the game when Bruno is playing and his performances seem much better without that clown behind him.

I'm not angry about yesterdays performance I had a lovely time, but it really does worry me for next season if we dont have a proper replacement for Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here