Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

I decided to look at momentums twitter, follow replies from that. Seems to me they are whipping people up and creating anger. Tory this, Tory that, we hate rich people, we hate old people, class this, and so on. I feel sorry for anyone who is getting fooled by all this. Some of it is really nasty too. By the way my grandfather and dad where all labour voters, and my god if they where still alive today they would wonder what the hell has gone wrong with that party. I would never ever vote for them again, I know that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I decided to look at momentums twitter, follow replies from that. Seems to me they are whipping people up and creating anger. Tory this, Tory that, we hate rich people, we hate old people, class this, and so on. I feel sorry for anyone who is getting fooled by all this. Some of it is really nasty too. By the way by grandfather and dad where all labour voters, and my god if they where still alive today they would wonder what the hell has gone wrong with that party. I would never ever vote for them again.

I think this is right. It's getting nasty in some places and it's heading towards a bad place.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No we didn't, but you must remember it's in the remainers' psyche to stereotype (the first indication of prejudice) leavers into what their view of leavers must be. We're all old, thick, racist, EDL supporting types, remember? And it is a known fact (at least it is a fact in the fantasy of most remainers) that we all read the Daily Mail. Can't you understand their simple logic? Obviously, in their own minds, they must be the people who know best............

I mean, they're the intelligentsia, innit?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Britain was GREAT before the vote, Britain is GREAT now after the vote.
Best nation in the world.

That's a hefty statement, and difficult to quantify. I can't think of a single nation I'd be able to wholly, completely and absolutely put above all others. So what's your thinking behind Britain the "best nation in the world"?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
6GZb3Sw.png

Triggering Article 50 seems like such a mistake.We let the EU off the hook by saying we will leave by X date.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
That's a hefty statement, and difficult to quantify. I can't think of a single nation I'd be able to wholly, completely and absolutely put above all others. So what's your thinking behind Britain the "best nation in the world"?

Statistically Denmark usually comes out top.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Considering we are one of the world's wealthiest nations yet a third of the population has fallen below the poverty line over the last four years I'd say we are pretty ****ing far from being the greatest nation on earth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Statistically Denmark usually comes out top.

But I'd like [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] to explain the thinking behind his statement.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Thought you were 'Deutschland UBER alles in the world'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Considering we are one of the world's wealthiest nations yet a third of the population has fallen below the poverty line over the last four years I'd say we are pretty ****ing far from being the greatest nation on earth.

would that be because you are unaware of how poverty is calculated, and that in a rising economy there will be an increase in measured poverty? (because lower pay and pensions do not rise in step with the rest of the economy)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could Brexit actually end up destroying the NHS? The £350m / week has never seen more of a deluded pipe dream

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/02/brexit-nhs-public-health

Brexit stands to damage staffing, funding, access to new products and technology, and standards of public health. The softer the Brexit, the lower the harm – but as Theresa May’s speech in Florence made clear, the government still plans to leave the single market, customs union and other EU bodies after a transition ends in 2021, no matter the cost....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
project fear still in effect - this week roll out the NHS doom! :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
6GZb3Sw.png

Triggering Article 50 seems like such a mistake.We let the EU off the hook by saying we will leave by X date.

Who did POLITICO quiz?EU civil servants next to their Brussels office?:lolol:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Who did POLITICO quiz?EU civil servants next to their Brussels office?:lolol:

http://www.politico.eu/article/uk-public-rejects-no-deal-brexit-scenario-new-poll-results-say/

In a survey of more than 1,200 people carried out by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (GQRR) and shared exclusively with POLITICO, 52 percent agreed that leaving without a deal would be a “disaster” for the U.K. economy, against just 34 percent who said the U.K. should leave the EU without a new settlement if a “good deal” is not on the table.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
http://www.politico.eu/article/uk-public-rejects-no-deal-brexit-scenario-new-poll-results-say/

In a survey of more than 1,200 people carried out by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (GQRR) and shared exclusively with POLITICO, 52 percent agreed that leaving without a deal would be a “disaster” for the U.K. economy, against just 34 percent who said the U.K. should leave the EU without a new settlement if a “good deal” is not on the table.

Ask different questions in different ways you get different answers - https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questio...offered-the-uk-would-you-accept-her-judgment/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here