Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the fact he was carrying a gun......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
drivel ......

I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts. :rolleyes:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts. :rolleyes:

You nearly finished without your usual parting shot (pardon the pun), we all know that we have processes in place that usually come to the correct conclusions, in this case I suspect there will be drivel from the usual suspects, but even as you say 'have no sympathy' then you too feel the same as me and those casually discarding any defense, so just supporting your mates babble of a post offers little.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

To be clear, I never said that if you don't have sympathy for this bloke then you have the moral standards of a drug dealer or a gun carrying criminal. I was talking about summary executions on the basis of some kind of "bad-man-o-meter". Sympathy is not the measure here. I would hardly say I have sympathy for him.

I care about us living in a law-abiding society and having a police force with standards and ethics. That's actually what protects us from dangerous criminals.

If anyone thinks our country would be safer and more decent if only the police would go around shooting all the "wrong-uns", they should probably think again.

kjgood

I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.

'28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from ever considered he has a rich auntie?

Don't be so naïve, just because someone is acquitted of murder does not always make them innocent!! Just means not enough evidence to convict!

On the face of it good riddance, 28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from. Has a gun?? who carries a gun? Has 13 security cameras round his house! The real victims are the thousands of familys lives he has helped reck flooding the streets with crack and heroin?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think most people's problem with the Mark Duggan case was the fact the police lied to cover their own back, was it not?

Most people?? A public enquiry found that it was a lawful killing and no police officers have ever been charged in relation to his death. If you can provide evidence of the police lying I'm sure the IPCC would bite your hand off for that info, good luck.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.

No it didn't.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Lot's of people on here seem to be saying it's Ok to shoot and kill him for the following reasons:

Not a nice bloke
Possibly carries a gun
Was once acquitted of a serious crime

Just to be clear, in this country we don't summarily execute people for the above reasons.

The only reason he could have been lawfully killed would be:

He reached for a weapon

So let's hope that is the case. Let's also hope most of you guys never have responsibility for such monumentous decisions, it sounds like many of you would have pulled the trigger just because you think he was probably a c***.

Drug dealers and weapon carrying criminals tend to have quite low standards when it comes to decency and ethics, but you guys don't have to join them.

Now there is a good post

drivel ......

:lolol: you're on a different planet mate

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

'28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from ever considered he has a rich auntie?

Innocent of murder, fair enough. Innocent of being an illegal gun carrier? Not so. Despite what you see on TV or while playing GTA, carrying a gun is not a lifestyle choice like it is in the USA. If you are known to carry a gun by the police in the UK you are viewed as extremely dangerous and a potential murderer, simple. The minimum sentence for carrying a gun is 5 years and rightly so, if you are known to carry a gun in the UK you are a complete moron as the police WILL shoot you. Rich Auntie? get real. punish:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
There is no such thing as being 'found innocent' in the British criminal justice system, you get found 'not guilty'. It is a very very big difference, it doesn't mean you didn't do it
, it means there isn't generally enough evidence to prove you did.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There is no such thing as being 'found innocent' in the British criminal justice system, you get found 'not guilty'. It is a very very big difference, it doesn't mean you didn't do it
, it means there isn't generally enough evidence to prove you did.

Boolox is there a big difference. Again, you want to find a stick to beat this bloke, fine but think about the wider picture, anybody found not guilty is, in your eyes, basically guilty but we just can't prove it? There is a fine, technical difference that in most people's eyes is non existent.

I admire your faith in the police and the CPS but sometimes it will be wildly misplaced.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Boolox is there a big difference. Again, you want to find a stick to beat this bloke, fine but think about the wider picture, anybody found not guilty is, in your eyes, basically guilty but we just can't prove it? There is a fine, technical difference that in most people's eyes is non existent.

I admire your faith in the police and the CPS but sometimes it will be wildly misplaced.

So John Terry is innocent of racially abusing anton ferdinand , yes ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
[tweet]816625584986058752[/tweet]

You do have to wonder sometimes though don't you? 'Suspicion of possession of a gun with intent to cause fear', WTF? Why not just 'possession of an illegal firearm'?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You do have to wonder sometimes though don't you? 'Suspicion of possession of a gun with intent to cause fear', WTF? Why not just 'possession of an illegal firearm'?

It's a preliminary charge to be able to keep the suspects in custody. When the evidence is gathered, the charge can be amended.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Don't know about the CPS but after 17 years working with various TFU's etc. I know about Armed Police and how they have to approach these situations. Do you have a personal issue with the Police by any chance?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Don't know about the CPS but after 17 years working with various TFU's etc. I know about Armed Police and how they have to approach these situations. Do you have a personal issue with the Police by any chance?

No, but neither do I have complete faith in them. They make mistakes, pursue the wrong people - The point I was making that there is not this big big difference between not guilty and innocent. To suggest otherwise is to imply that innocent people are never charged and taken to court. We all know that is completely untrue.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be clear, I never said that if you don't have sympathy for this bloke then you have the moral standards of a drug dealer or a gun carrying criminal. I was talking about summary executions on the basis of some kind of "bad-man-o-meter". Sympathy is not the measure here. I would hardly say I have sympathy for him.

I care about us living in a law-abiding society and having a police force with standards and ethics. That's actually what protects us from dangerous criminals.

If anyone thinks our country would be safer and more decent if only the police would go around shooting all the "wrong-uns", they should probably think again.

Who decided that it was a summary execution?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here