Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to start vs USA

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You won't be feeling proud if he gets clunked by one of the USA players in a pointless, meaningless friendly and is out for 3 months

By that logic we'd never let any of our players play internationals.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will be glued to the box tonight. Good luck Lewis, you've done the Albion proud!

I hope I'm not being greedy here, but given he's on a mini-scoring streak would a cheeky goal be out of the question?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will the camera be off Rooney at any point so we can see Dunk in the mighty white tonight?

Hope so.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Fantastic achievement for him and a wonderful moment for everyone connected to the club.

It's also a really big opportunity to forge a genuine international career. With only three centre halves in the squad it means either him or Keane will play against Croatia(unless he puts Walker there?!). So a good game tonight should lead to a starting place for a meaningful game and a good performance there will leave him in genuine contention for the fourth centre back spot in the squad, especially as he would offer natural cover for Maguire.

Go go Lewis!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Fantastic achievement for him and a wonderful moment for everyone connected to the club.

It's also a really big opportunity to forge a genuine international career. With only three centre halves in the squad it means either him or Keane will play against Croatia(unless he puts Walker there?!). So a good game tonight should lead to a starting place for a meaningful game and a good performance there will leave him in genuine contention for the fourth centre back spot in the squad, especially as he would offer natural cover for Maguire.

Go go Lewis!

Depends if Gareth plays 3 at the back against Croatia though? He has reverted back to 2 CB's in previous games so at the moment I should imagine it'll be Gomez and Stones against Croatia.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Depends if Gareth plays 3 at the back against Croatia though? He has reverted back to 2 CB's in previous games so at the moment I should imagine it'll be Gomez and Stones against Croatia.

Gomez is injured. I think. At least that's what I was going on. If he's not, then yes, it'll be Gomez and Stones.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt I read that Maguire is out against Croaria inbjured so it seems likely that either Dunk or Keane to partner Stones unless we revert back to 3 CBs then it will be Walker with Trippier as a wing back.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gomez is injured. I think. At least that's what I was going on. If he's not, then yes, it'll be Gomez and Stones.

Gomez made the squad, he was an injury doubt but was picked.

Didnt I read that Maguire is out against Croaria inbjured so it seems likely that either Dunk or Keane to partner Stones unless we revert back to 3 CBs then it will be Walker with Trippier as a wing back.

Trippier pulled out of the squad with a injury so won’t be playing against Croatia.

Unless there are further injuries I’d expect Gomez and Stones to start against Croatia.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Why would one friendly v a pub league team (everywhere else is pub league - right?) change anything?

Not playing in the Premier League would have counted against him.
His own goals would have counted against him.
His lack of goals would have counted against him.
His love of the colour yellow would have counted against him.
Being a second rate Alfie Mawson would have counted against him.

One game v the US isn't going to have 'top 6' sides hounding the Albion for his signature.

If one of the proposed changes is taken up, i.e. Half of future 25 man squads must be homegrown, I can see a reason why they would be interested. He would also fetch a pretty penny in today's market. (If he wanted to leave of course)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here