Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
last two years also demonstrated something else - we cant leave the EU. article 50 is a pretence, there's no real way to leave. if we'd been told that could have saved a lot of time and energy last few years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
last two years also demonstrated something else - we cant leave the EU. article 50 is a pretence, there's no real way to leave. if we'd been told that could have saved a lot of time and energy last few years.

Of course we can just leave

It will destroy the country, but we can just leave nothing is stopping us halting talks and leaving without a deal and cutting all ties minus the exit fee.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Serious question for all of you wanting a second referendem.

What happens if you win (abd all joking aside, not that I think in a million years you would. I think a lot of people who voted remain would now vote leave for the good of democracy).

But say you got another vote, and all the dumb Brexteers like me forgot to set our alarms that day, and we too busy counting our money and shooting the poor people to vote.

If you won a second ballet, would you then allow another vote?

So you were kind to us simpletons and you allowed us a third vote, and you went 2-1 up . Would you allow us another, like you want, when you are one vote behind?

When would it become fair to stop voting.......... when someone has a two goal cushion, or would the next vote be final (just like the first one was, and of course, only if you win!)

Seriously though, where would you be comfortable to stop?

I'd stop at one vote with the ACTUAL options on the ballot.

Remain
Leave with whatever deal STILL hasn't been agreed.
Leave on WTO terms/No deal

The Tories HAVE ****ed up by calling a Yes/No referendum and Parliament let us down but triggering Article 50 with no plan on how we were leaving, even behind the scenes.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Of course we can just leave

It will destroy the country, but we can just leave nothing is stopping us halting talks and leaving without a deal and cutting all ties minus the exit fee.

which of course isn't a sensible option. and right now we are stuck on the withdrawal agreement, due to the EU insistence on no border in Ireland, as they dont want them to have to control the border. its almost as if they (anyone involved in brexit or Lisbon drafting) never thought of this.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The reports this morning of Dominic Raab wanting HM Government to have the ability to pull out of the Northern Irish backstop with 3 months notice have been warmly received by our friends and neighbours.

[tweet]1059349074183372800[/tweet]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
which of course isn't a sensible option. and right now we are stuck on the withdrawal agreement, due to the EU insistence on no border in Ireland, as they dont want them to have to control the border. its almost as if they (anyone involved in brexit or Lisbon drafting) never thought of this.

Funny isn't it, that nobody mentioned the Good Friday Agreement and what no deal actually meant in relation to it at the time of the vote.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Funny isn't it, that nobody mentioned the Good Friday Agreement and what no deal actually meant in relation to it at the time of the vote.
in retrospect its not a good story for either side. for leave the conclusion is the end of the Union. for remain the conclusion is admission we cant leave. :shrug: odd that there was far more talk about Gibraltar and that seems to have been either agreed or not a problem.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think cluster**** is the word for all this. Yes, cluster****.

[tweet]1059349074183372800[/tweet]

No plan, no idea on how to move forward at all. Pathetic.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Serious question for all of you wanting a second referendem.

What happens if you win (abd all joking aside, not that I think in a million years you would. I think a lot of people who voted remain would now vote leave for the good of democracy).

But say you got another vote, and all the dumb Brexteers like me forgot to set our alarms that day, and we too busy counting our money and shooting the poor people to vote.

If you won a second ballet, would you then allow another vote?

So you were kind to us simpletons and you allowed us a third vote, and you went 2-1 up . Would you allow us another, like you want, when you are one vote behind?

When would it become fair to stop voting.......... when someone has a two goal cushion, or would the next vote be final (just like the first one was, and of course, only if you win!)

Seriously though, where would you be comfortable to stop?

All your questions would be fair if the proposal was simply for a rerun of the previous referendum. But that's not the case.

Imagine if everyone in your family was asked if they would like to leave their present house and buy a new one in Acacia Avenue. A narrow majority said they would and so the old house was put up for sale and financial negotiations and surveys commissioned. These turned out to be hugely complex; far more involved than most members of the family would have expected. The costs were higher and the structural surveys less than positive.

Now it would be quite wrong to simply abandon the move. The family, however narrowly, had said they wanted to do it so the head of the family ploughed on in good faith. But when he got to the end of the process, when the surveys were done and the due diligence reports were in, when the dust had cleared and the picture was clear and most of the essential facts were to hand he thought to himself... "Now we know so much about what is involved, might it be sensible to ask everyone if, bearing in mind all the facts, they still want to do this?"

And that's what we're talking about. If the fully-informed family still want to do it, then no arguments. The move will happen. If the cold hard facts mean that they have changed their mind, then that's all right too. We stay where we are.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

You need to try harde than that, the press have long known all about Russian influence in UK political circles, it’s why Mandelson and Osbourne were on Oleg Deripaska’s yacht a few years ago....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oversy-how-the-world-really-works-973817.html

This is the Oleg Deripaska that is sanctioned in the US by Trump, but allowed to list businesses in the UK, and is not subject to EU or UK sanctions....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ssian-oligarchs-using-city-to-avoid-sanctions

Good on Trump......I’m sure you will agree?

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not doing anything to ensure anything. I'm not protesting, getting upset or asking for a second vote.

I'm just watching you and your friends f*** this whole thing up, somewhat bemused.

And pointing out what I think will happen. They're observations, nothing more :lolol:

You obviously disagree, so what year do you think you will get your 'no deal'?

no, of course you're not :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
All your questions would be fair if the proposal was simply for a rerun of the previous referendum. But that's not the case.

Imagine if everyone in your family was asked if they would like to leave their present house and buy a new one in Acacia Avenue. A narrow majority said they would and so the old house was put up for sale and financial negotiations and surveys commissioned. These turned out to be hugely complex; far more involved than most members of the family would have expected. The costs were higher and the structural surveys less than positive.

Now it would be quite wrong to simply abandon the move. The family, however narrowly, had said they wanted to do it so the head of the family ploughed on in good faith. But when he got to the end of the process, when the surveys were done and the due diligence reports were in, when the dust had cleared and the picture was clear and most of the essential facts were to hand he thought to himself... "Now we know so much about what is involved, might it be sensible to ask everyone if, bearing in mind all the facts, they still want to do this?"

And that's what we're talking about. If the fully-informed family still want to do it, then no arguments. The move will happen. If the cold hard facts mean that they have changed their mind, then that's all right too. We stay where we are.

the referendum was fair leave or remain , the vote was to leave , deal with it
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Jan 30, 2008
I'd stop at one vote with the ACTUAL options on the ballot.

Remain
Leave with whatever deal STILL hasn't been agreed.
Leave on WTO terms/No deal

The Tories HAVE ****ed up by calling a Yes/No referendum and Parliament let us down but triggering Article 50 with no plan on how we were leaving, even behind the scenes.
FANTASIST

regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here