Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing Day v Arsenal, trains.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes I would have been BHA.

So, you are aware Albion have already played at the Amex on Boxing Day. Therefore you also know that there are no issues about playing on Boxing Day as far as our "safety certificate" is concerned.

**Why on earth am I bothering to reply to the biggest troll on NSC?**

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There will be if there are no trains and as per the timetables no No 25 bus. I would think that is a mistake and the 25 will run as in the past. I wont affect you though if you are in Arizona.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No problem, we use them for night matches so we can guarantee to get home at a reasonable time, its just annoying they have put their prices up for the boxing day game

Got to pay a driver to work on a Bank Holiday, so it costs more.

Edit. Sorry, I see this point has been made already.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If I remember rightly the last boxing day match at the Amex trains ran from Three Bridges to Brighton and Lewes and then to Falmer both before and after the game. I must admit I have been assuming the same will happen this year:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:eek:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I know it doesn't help but I was amazed at this last year. There is a normal service on Boxing Day. 99% of trains run on time. No need to pre plan and book tickets as all fares are on a travel card. Just swipe on and off whenever you travel. Just a couple of pounds equivalent for a 2 hour journey, or half of that for concessions. Trains run through the night on Fridays and Saturdays. Free travel for concessions at weekends. OK, I'll stop now:blush:

Free travel on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve

Added: 15 December 2017

Public transport will be free across Victoria on Christmas Day and on New Year’s Eve making it safer, cheaper and easier to leave the car at home and enjoy the festivities.

On Christmas Day, public transport throughout Victoria will be free from 3am on Christmas Day until 3am on Boxing Day and will operate to a Sunday timetable.

Metropolitan trains, trams, buses and regional town buses will also be free from 6pm on New Year's Eve until 6am on New Year's Day.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If I remember rightly the last boxing day match at the Amex trains ran from Three Bridges to Brighton and Lewes and then to Falmer both before and after the game. I must admit I have been assuming the same will happen this year:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:eek:

The issue for me is not that Sky have changed the ko time, but that the club are happily selling tickets (including travel voucher) without telling purchasers what that voucher will be able to be used on. I imagine they are still negotiating with GTR (who have them over a barrel) but even so, it could possibly breach consumer law (not that I am an expert).

PG

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I fail to see why anyone has an issue with Sky.

Look at our shiny stadium, stable of very good players and the investment the club (TB) has made. Where on earth would football be without the TV money, you can't take it for 50 weeks of the year, the commercial reality is Boxing Day etc are big pay day's for Sky. I despise Sky and all it stands for BUT accept if we take the $ we have to accept the consequences and Sky are not to blame.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I fail to see why anyone has an issue with Sky.

I despise Sky and all it stands for

confused.gif

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here