Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The reality is many Brexiteers just take the view it won't effect me. If it was their own money it would be a very different story

Remainers are the true patriots, not wanting to see the country go to the dogs.....

Talk about contridicting yourself !!!!! IF the country goes to the dogs as people like you claim then it WILL affect leavers as well as remainers. Allegedly we're all poorer already as you keep spouting so it has affected leavers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Things is, I cant see when it will be Politically acceptable for May to push forward on anything. There may well be a snap Election in November (following the Party conferences), caused by May wanting to break the deadlock, or the Brexiteers bringing her and her party down.

just dont see there will be a General Election will be forced, there's too much at risk. another hung parliament is a certainty only the make of largest party and if the current opposition can combine with all others to form government. with obvious concessions Liberals would want to even entertain confidence and supply, that looks like a very poor option. out of power and end of Brexit. this is probably the calculation that Barnier is making, the brexiteers will eventually fold, holding the core principle of those brexiteers in the Conservative party - being in power.

i cant see another referedum either. how would it be framed as a question? do you accept the agreement and leave; dont accept the agreement but want to leave, dont accept and want to stay; do accept the agreement but want to some more negotiation and have another referendum? and for this you need an agreement settled which isnt forthcoming. stalemate.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
We don't need another election, what will that solve?

We need a ratification of the final deal based on the facts, not fantasy and lies from both sides.

Let the people decide how much pain we are going to take, the people will pay for it, not 10% of MP's that represent the right wing of the Tory party. If the pain is too much, and the price is too high, we need to stay in.
IS THE WORLD GOING TO END THEN :rolleyes:
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
do you still believe in father Christmas
regards
DR

He still probably believes we're in the Eurozone :dunce:

Anyway it's time for a bit of English patriotic flag waving .. (that often brings on an onset of nausea from many remoaner/guardian types)

England_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

https://brexitcentral.com/busting-remain-inspired-myths-trade-wto-terms/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The reality is many Brexiteers just take the view it won't effect me. If it was their own money it would be a very different story.....
It's affect, not effect.........and still remoaners claim to be the intelligentsia. Deluded :facepalm:

Brexiteers are the true patriots, not wanting to see the country go to the dogs.....
Corrected for you. Remoaners are the ones that want to hand over control of our country to Brussels. They are so blindly devoted to the cause, they don't even realise that returning to the status quo before the referendum isn't an option. If the slimier side of Westminster, the side that wants to ignore a democratic vote, manages to sabotage Brexit as it is trying to do, revoking Article 50 will come with a price: joining the Euro, agreeing to greater unification and no more opt outs. Unfortunately, they're too blind to see that they are the ones who want to hurl their country down the drain.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think it's going to be much higher for much longer than you think.
Is there any leavers in here that will own up to regretting it, just one maybe.
Honestly I hope that they manage to pull something out of the bag but so far it is a mess of huge proportions and, get it wrong, and we are in the deep, deep shit.
I don't trust our lot to get it anywhere near right, which is the main reason I voted remain.
The cabinet or maybe all MP's should have the recess cancelled, they are all off on their holidays soon FFS.
I can see this not only going wrong but also collapsing the government.

I don't regret how I voted. You have to vote with your conscience, they asked a high level question so my reasoning had to be high level rather than get bogged down in the propaganda like many do on this thread - I've disliked the EU ever since they pushed through the constitution/Lisbon treaty. Nobody will ever convince me that a federal Europe is a good idea, I'm against centralising political control and would support a devolved uk and more power to regional government. The commission and Parliament have power over too many people and it will end in tears.

However, I didn't expect that the incumbent government would call a referendum and then have absolutely no plan whatsoever for 50% of the possible outcome. You couldn't vote on what Farage, Boris or vote leave are saying because none of them were in power, the blame lays at Cameron's feet because he had no contingency for losing. I'm happy to admit it's a total f**k up, but I'd vote leave again because I believe avoiding the federal control is more important than maintaining the current status quo, I just wish we had the kind of united government that it would take to do it properly. May's opponents in the EU and domestically know she is in a weak position and are using it against her at every opportunity.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The reality is many Brexiteers just take the view it won't effect me. If it was their own money it would be a very different story

Remainers are the true patriots, not wanting to see the country go to the dogs.....

How many of the 18 million voters do you think it won't affect?
2 years on and you still can't comprehend that people are willing to accept some financial pain in order to regain political control.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's affect, not effect.........and still remoaners claim to be the intelligentsia. Deluded :facepalm:

Corrected for you. Remoaners are the ones that want to hand over control of our country to Brussels. They are so blindly devoted to the cause, they don't even realise that returning to the status quo before the referendum isn't an option. If the slimier side of Westminster, the side that wants to ignore a democratic vote, manages to sabotage Brexit as it is trying to do, revoking Article 50 will come with a price: joining the Euro, agreeing to greater unification and no more opt outs. Unfortunately, they're too blind to see that they are the ones who want to hurl their country down the drain.

For goodness' sake. Do you really imagine any sane Brit wants to hurl the UK down the drain? Get a grip. There are opinions about what is best for the UK, and they differ. :shrug: To cheer yourself up, look up The League of Gentlemen, and Creme Brule (can't be arsed to look up how to do accent symbols). That will explain my little gif on the other thread :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
just dont see there will be a General Election will be forced, there's too much at risk. another hung parliament is a certainty only the make of largest party and if the current opposition can combine with all others to form government. with obvious concessions Liberals would want to even entertain confidence and supply, that looks like a very poor option. out of power and end of Brexit. this is probably the calculation that Barnier is making, the brexiteers will eventually fold, holding the core principle of those brexiteers in the Conservative party - being in power.

i cant see another referedum either. how would it be framed as a question? do you accept the agreement and leave; dont accept the agreement but want to leave, dont accept and want to stay; do accept the agreement but want to some more negotiation and have another referendum? and for this you need an agreement settled which isnt forthcoming. stalemate.

Exactly. What a mess. That David Cameron....I can understand shit or bust when you are 0-2 down in the world cup, but when you are PM and up against weak opposition, would you bet your house against giving the whole of Europe the decision about what to do with everything just outside your house? Gosh, I feel so much freedom coming along.

Incidentally, I never much liked the way the utilities have so much control over my gas, electricity and water. So I'm opting out. I have no idea what I'm going to do for a shower, shit and shave, but I recon my next door neighbour will be all over herself to cut me a deal. I think she has a pond I could use for both drinking water and washing. And I'm sure she'll sell me some electricity. How do you buy that, though? Utilitexit! Yeah!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The pain will be masked with a large amount of borrowing, the last ten years of austerity will have been for nought, and high debt will be a burden for decades.

What like Labour saddled us with the last time they were in charge. They are all the same, some try to save and the others spend spend spend.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For goodness' sake. Do you really imagine any sane Brit wants to hurl the UK down the drain? Get a grip. There are opinions about what is best for the UK, and they differ. :shrug: To cheer yourself up, look up The League of Gentlemen, and Creme Brule (can't be arsed to look up how to do accent symbols). That will explain my little gif on the other thread :thumbsup:
It's still 'affect' not 'effect'...............................

..............and yet remoaners still believe - nay, they know (in their own little world at least) - that 16M of us sane and intelligent Brits want to hurl the UK down the drain. No, we voted leave to stop that happening..............it's just one of those things that remoaners just can't get. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's still 'affect' not 'effect'...............................

..............and yet remoaners still believe - nay, they know (in their own little world at least) - that 16M of us sane and intelligent Brits want to hurl the UK down the drain. No, we voted leave to stop that happening..............it's just one of those things that remoaners just can't get. :facepalm:

Lost me there, bro. Did I spell something wrong? :shrug:

As for the rest.....:shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What like Labour saddled us with the last time they were in charge. They are all the same, some try to save and the others spend spend spend.

And in further news from the 1960.....

spend spend spend.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyway, its all happening, right? The Brexit. Can anyone tell me what it actually is and how it will affect me?

I'm incredibly excited. :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anyway it's time for a bit of English patriotic flag waving .. (that often brings on an onset of nausea from many remoaner/guardian types)

England_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

I hope we will see more flags out now, hopefully some damage can be repaired carried out by your lot to the English identity

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Not wanting to see the country go to the dogs......
So lets have a think about that shall we? Is there anyone out there who actually thinks that what we have had has been fantastically good for us. If there is, then they are a mixture of naive and ill-informed.
THE FACTS.
1) 80% of the business we do as a nation, is within these shores. Our foundation is the SME sector. That is our bedrock. People get carried away with the idea that we rely on big, corporate business. Small and medium sized enterprises are the lifeblood of this country.
2) We are a service based nation. 80% of our business is in services.
3) We have an annual trade deficit of approx £135billion.
4) We run a surplus in services to the EU and the rest of the World.
5) We have a vast deficit with Europe in goods.
6) The trading arrangements of the EU are designed to suit manufacturing countries ( principally Germany ) by sweeping away barriers to a free trade in goods. WE ARE NOT A MANUFACTURING COUNTRY.
7) The trading arrangements of the EU do not suit us as a country. It nullifies our strengths and amplifies our weaknesses.

We had plenty of time, over the years to re-negotiate terms but failed time and time again. A German controlled EU had no interest in changing the trading balance. Why would they? The EU is not compromising. It is driving forward, hell bent on expansionism and federalism. We continued to pour more and more money in and get less and less in return. Its a bureaucratic gravy train, so self-seeking politicians love it. Its their executive directorship at vast six figure salary and its their pension. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.
People can argue all they like about freedom of movement, human rights, safety and protection, border controls and many other things but we have to put our country in a position that suits our trading profile best.
Unless you understand how we operate as a country, you cannot analyse the best way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here