Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Toy's R us goes BUST with the CURSE of the Goldstone

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Serves them right, just need to get DFS out now.

I never forgave them for sending me an invitation to their "Goldstone Retail Park opening".

So effectively you are happy that about an estimated 3,200 people are soon to be out of work? And you are rather hoping that a lot of people at DFS go the same way too? How nice of you

D

Deleted member 22389

Both companies failed to move with the times.

I don't know about The Curse of The Goldstone: more like The Curse of Amazon.

I really don't know what Maplins could have done different to stand out.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Does create a bit of a quandary, my final wishes are for my ashes to be scattered at the Toys R Us checkout at 4.30pm on the Saturday before Xmas, hopefully in the ensuing commotion causing the shop to be shut on their busiest trading Saturday of the year.

Cant do that now, do I switch to DFS or have a total rethink?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Does create a bit of a quandary, my final wishes are for my ashes to be scattered at the Toys R Us checkout at 4.30pm on the Saturday before Xmas, hopefully in the ensuing commotion causing the shop to be shut on their busiest trading Saturday of the year.

Isn't there a Pet shop there now? I'm sure your ashes would make a lovely absorbent bedding for a depressed looking Gerbil once the chaos has subsided.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Or you could be put into the pockets of some random coats at TK Maxx.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Invention of the tablet was the end of toys are us.

That's the only thing kids want these days.

I don't think that's entirely true. What TRU lacked was any quality. Throughout the store it just seemed like a lot of crap. Crap bikes and skateboards, crap sports equipment, crap learning toys, you just couldn't go in there thinking you were going to find something of any quality. The Entertainer on the other hand has a better selection in a much smaller retail space, and stores like Decathlon just absolutely destroy it for a range of quality bikes, sports and toys at decent prices. TRU has never evolved at all, unable to figure out what to focus on. On the very odd times I've ever been in one of their stores I always found it a soul destroying experience, whereas going in a toy shop should be one of childhood memories and looking at cool stuff!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Officially gone into administration now, and I didn't know their Giraffe was called Geoffrey.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This thread could be an anagram of something else soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here