Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest v Albion moved to Monday 11th April - live on Sky

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Edit

Very inconvenient, really getting jarred off with all this. Surely each team should have the same number of games on tv. Really annoying.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What I can't understand for the life of me is that they can't show Saturday games live as it will potentially encourage people to stay at home and not watch the match... (is that right??)

So, instead, they move it to a Monday when far less people can go.

Can someone explain the logic in all of this?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What I can't understand for the life of me is that they can't show Saturday games live as it will potentially encourage people to stay at home and not watch the match... (is that right??)

They need to fill the gap in their schedule so there is something for all their mouth-breather subscribers to watch on a Monday night.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
A football result can make or break a birthday, consider it a lucky escape!

Yes it was my birthday on the Cardiff away game. Not a great start to the day.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
All the time the club bend over and take it up the jacksy this will happen. At least Leeds fans are trying to do something about it. We should have joined in with their "Sky TV is ****ing Shit" song last night.
Wouldn't of made a difference the pitchside mics were very quiet last night.

Dec 29, 2011
Must be one of the few who are somewhat pleased as I shall now be able to see the game, where I wouldnt have

This goes for me too, but I'm still more annoyed away fans will be losing money. The amount of people just in this thread who have made arrangements which are now wasted is staggering. Football is built on the die hard 'travel to all matches' fans, and they're the exact ones getting screwed by this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
methinks Sky might be thinking we are going somewhere very soon
onwards and upwards ...................................................................................

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It happens all over Aldershot lost a home game Tonight v Grimsby ,because BT Sport wanted to show Forest Green v Grimsby this coming Friday .They gave 11 yes 11 days notice :tosser::tosser:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It happens all over Aldershot lost a home game Tonight v Grimsby ,because BT Sport wanted to show Forest Green v Grimsby this coming Friday .They gave 11 yes 11 days notice :tosser::tosser:

I'd love to know the viewing figures for Forest Green v Grimsby. Must be in the tens.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IMO 5 weeks simply isn't enough notice.

To get train tickets at a decent rate you have to book them pretty much as soon as they become available.

In addition, we'll now have half the number of fans we would have had up there.

And that is where SKY and the League can get together to say right, we'll pick games with 6 or 7 weeks notice, which will allow train deals/change shifts/take holiday leave to be taken knowing that the game wouldn't change. At that range SKY can pretty much gauge who they would like to show.

Seems like a simple solution to me.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Not trying to jinx it but maybe they'll be looking at televising the Derby game....its one of the tastier fixtures that weekend........and obviously hope they dont...........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

How did they lose a home game, as I presume it will be played at a later date.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
My grandad would have loved all this tv coverage during his later years. All you casuals with your good hearing and mobility don't know how lucky you are lol

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

The thinking goes that if you could watch, say, Man Utd v Arsenal on TV at 3pm on Saturday, you might be less inclined to actually go and watch your local team.

The blanket Sat 3pm ban is to protect smaller clubs and live football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Away matches on TV suit me. The only reason I signed on with Sky Sports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here