Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Stokes charged with affray

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
......and there we have the case for the defence

Terrible shock at the time. Incredible man - never met anyone as capable in all my time in banking. Not someone you’d want to cross either - over a beer one day I’ll bore you with some of the meetings we had..........

Which is why I've been saying wait until all the evidence is heard.

I can imagine it was tragic for everyone. Life is short, and precious.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Trial back under way. Interestingly, the 2 teams are summing up (Stokes just got getting rinsed by the other side and his QC is just about to go off on one) and there does not appear to be any evidence from the 2 gay guys being considered. Weird. I would have thought what they had to say would be key.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Trial back under way. Interestingly, the 2 teams are summing up (Stokes just got getting rinsed by the other side and his QC is just about to go off on one) and there does not appear to be any evidence from the 2 gay guys being considered. Weird. I would have thought what they had to say would be key.

That's what I thought. Also interesting this point that Alex Hales might have kicked Ali in the face causing the injuries rather than Stokes as there is no CCTV footage to show that he didn't. Smells to me but may sway the jury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I haven't heard all of the evidence obviously but just reading the reports and the summing up of the defence barristers I believe hat there is possibly inconclusive proof to convict either man as there appears IMHO elements of doubt as to what happened, when and by whom.. The private video and CCTV were both inconclusive and missed many important aspects of the incident..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I haven't heard all of the evidence obviously but just reading the reports and the summing up of the defence barristers I believe hat there is possibly inconclusive proof to convict either man as there appears elements of doubt as to what happened, when and by whom..

No point in forming a judgement after those first words.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm finding it bizarre that the two gay guys, who were at the scene and who Stokes claims to have been just having 'banter' with and later ended up defending, have not given testimony in this case. Can't get me 'ead round that. Were I on that jury, I'd be asking why.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm finding it bizarre that the two gay guys, who were at the scene and who Stokes claims to have been just having 'banter' with and later ended up defending, have not given testimony in this case. Can't get me 'ead round that. Were I on that jury, I'd be asking why.

I was thinking the same thing. Surely they are the only ones who could confirm or refute this claim? We know who they are...I've read their names.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Agreed. I was waiting all along for them to be called by either the defence or prosecution. Very, very odd.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why? There will be no more evidence given or reported so everybody must have an opinion on how the verdict will go. With limited knowledge my view is Not Guilty for both men as their respective defence have shown there to be doubt on the evidence against both.
The problem is that you are relying on what is reported when you do not know if any evidence hasn't been reported.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everybody seems to be forming an opinion based on newspaper and tv reports. why should I be any different?

Speak for yourself. I’ve based mine on him being ginger and a northerner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here