Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poor Refereeing cost us £11.5 million last season

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What totally beats me is that people are getting paid for sitting analysing unreliable meaningless data which produce findings that any man or woman in the street could pull to pieces in minutes. What a total waste of money.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Gross (?) through on goal in the last seconds against Spurs and the referee called it back for a foul on Mat Ryan.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I could only think of the Dunk deflection (at Old Trafford) = 1 pt, two disallowed penalties vs Chelsea +1 = 2.

I think if Britos had stayed on the park at Watford we would got a penalty later on.

Season before, the Baldock incident with Sels at Newcastle cost us 3 pts, and the Diame fluke at the Amex.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Having considered the report, which is clearly accurate and not all contentious, I think as VAR has been introduced, then this too needs to be incorporated into the final league table from now on. Now I'm on to EPL to see if I can get our £11.5m back that they owe us!!!!!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
What totally beats me is that people are getting paid for sitting analysing unreliable meaningless data which produce findings that any man or woman in the street could pull to pieces in minutes. What a total waste of money.

Yes it is. (Lucky blighters)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A drop in the ocean compared to the huge waste in the civil service, local government and the NHS. to name but a few sources of waste. Probably no less useful either.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Technology like VAR will remove the utterly shite decisions, and clearly wrong line decisions, but surely you've seen enough of it to realise that arguments and contention will remain in football. Rest assured, we'll still be swearing at refs no matter what level of technology comes in.

Time will tell I guess. I know tennis was more interesting when McEnroe played pre hawk eye. The right decision is clearly the one that should be given, but the did it didn't it cross the line ala 1966 which of course it did, makes for much more interesting debate. I always liked maths because there was a right and a wrong, and I just like the fact there isn't always in sport. I guess we will end up with a system where a referee isn't needed and voice recognition will automatically book players for saying ****

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure why you're bringing the public sector in to this!

Just an example of waste, of which I have 40 years personal experience! Not a particular criticism of the public services, just pointing out how trivial the waste on this survey is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here