Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace fans remind me of a completely un-ironic version of Crodonilson. They speak in gushing superlatives about stuff that isn't actually that great. They just can't help themselves.

Zaha IS a good player, but thats never enough is it. He has to be "the greatest player to have ever played for EITHER club". Or "the best player outside the top 6". I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, being as the swivel-eyed gravity whore actually said out loud that he considers only Messi and Ronaldo to be better than him.

Its genuinely odd. Must be something in the water up there. Still, it gives us all something else to chuckle about dunnit.

Funny you should say this , Meyer has been described as the German messi .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Exactly, like they do everyone they sign until the playet don't want to be there then said player was/is shit.

Doesn't just apply to players that leave. See Wayne Hennesy thread on BBS.

I see the spelling hasn’t improved .

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Palace fans remind me of a completely un-ironic version of Crodonilson. They speak in gushing superlatives about stuff that isn't actually that great. They just can't help themselves.

Zaha IS a good player, but thats never enough is it. He has to be "the greatest player to have ever played for EITHER club". Or "the best player outside the top 6". I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, being as the swivel-eyed gravity whore actually said out loud that he considers only Messi and Ronaldo to be better than him.

Its genuinely odd. Must be something in the water up there. Still, it gives us all something else to chuckle about dunnit.

Just out of interest what Brighton player do you consider is/was more talented than Wilf?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I see the spelling hasn’t improved .
So out of what I have posted, you don't want to/can't reply to what I wrote and concentrate on the spelling?

Why would they be?

Typical Palace tactics of avoiding a debate they can't win. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Funny you should say this , Meyer has been described as the German messi .

I have absolutely no doubt that in the eyes of the Palace fans, if he joins, he will become Messi, Ronaldo, Chuck Norris and Diego Maradona all rolled into one.

Just out of interest what Brighton player do you consider is/was more talented than Wilf?

Its already been mentioned in the thread, but Lawrenson and Vicente were titanically talented players who spent their careers at the very highest level and won just about every gong there is to win. Zaha is a tricky winger, who has thus far won nothing (except a Playoff final). When he plays for a proper club, and proves himself at the highest level, then perhaps he can be spoken of in the same terms.

But not until.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's the best player ever to play for either of our clubs. When he leaves it'll be utterly tragic, but at least I'll have that :)

**** me did I really just read that? Even more deluded than I could ever have imagined

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was best player ever to play for either club as well.

We've had the pure class of Vicente and Lawrensen but closer to home, Ian Wright was twice the player that Zaha will ever be.

So true and Wright performed at a top club. Zaha has been an ENORMOUS failure when playing for a top team and I imagine he’ll stay with Palace after he’s negotiated a better pay packet. Cojones not big enough to make it a big club imo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS Palar$e fans are seriously deluded regarding Zahaha... I hope he goes back to a top club so that he can prove he is not up to it again (whilst Alice get relegated)... Lawrenson went to Liverpool, and succeeded... Vicente was one of Spains best players for years, but, according to The Scum, Zahaha, the world's leading diving expert and ManUre failure, is a better player... oh dear!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Vicente was one of Spains best players for years,

I believe that when he was at his prime, he was the subject of a bid that if accepted would have been a new world transfer fee record at the time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, to re-cap.

1, Mark Lawrenson/Vicente
2, Vicente/Mark Lawrenson
3, Ian Wright
4, Bobby Smith
5,Kenny Sansom

Thats probably my top 5 in order.I can't seem to fit Zaha in.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I believe that when he was at his prime, he was the subject of a bid that if accepted would have been a new world transfer fee record at the time.

so good he signed for Brighton in the second tier of English football hahaha

Could say the same about Lombardo for us, an Italian international at the time but joined us in the big league, big difference. Vincente joined you when he was on the decline..hence him joining you. WIlf is better than Lombardo was for us. You have never produced/discovered a player of his calibre. Not even close.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
So, to re-cap.

1, Mark Lawrenson/Vicente
2, Vicente/Mark Lawrenson
3, Ian Wright
4, Bobby Smith
5,Kenny Sansom

Thats probably my top 5 in order.I can't seem to fit Zaha in.

That is comedy. Theres no way you can truly believe that. Arent Palace the deluded ones?

Ian Wright and Kenny Sansom sh1t on any player you have had. Come on guys

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
so good he signed for Brighton in the second tier of English football hahaha

Could say the same about Lombardo for us, an Italian international at the time but joined us in the big league, big difference. Vincente joined you when he was on the decline..hence him joining you. WIlf is better than Lombardo was for us. You have never produced/discovered a player of his calibre. Not even close.

What is this calibre you talk about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here