Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Did a sportive today. A couple of observations:

1) Pausing your Garmin at junctions (if you have to stop). Is this a thing? I've never done this, but noticed a fair few doing it today.

2) The sportive went 'head to head' with a race. I.e. traveling towards each other on the same road. Marshalls were waving cars through too. The result was a bottleneck in the race about 50m from the finish line. I can only assume the Marshalls didn't realise the race group were approaching, otherwise they wouldn't have waved the cars and sportive riders through. The racers were gobbing off at the car drivers, which was unwarranted - it was the marshals' fault.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1) Pausing your Garmin at junctions (if you have to stop). Is this a thing? I've never done this, but noticed a fair few doing it today.

2) The sportive went 'head to head' with a race. I.e. traveling towards each other on the same road. Marshalls were waving cars through too. The result was a bottleneck in the race about 50m from the finish line. I can only assume the Marshalls didn't realise the race group were approaching, otherwise they wouldn't have waved the cars and sportive riders through. The racers were gobbing off at the car drivers, which was unwarranted - it was the marshals' fault.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

1 - No.

2 - Even weirder, that sounds like an accident waiting to happen, I don't imagine they'll so something so silly again.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Such sad news.

RIP Michael Goolaerts.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
1) Pausing your Garmin at junctions (if you have to stop). Is this a thing?

Yes, if you are a tit.

I felt a bit sick when I heard about Michael Goolaerts. As a motorcycle racing fan you know its a matter of time before someone goes, but not this. Not like that. Not someone that young.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 28-year-old Bora-Hansgrohe rider netted €30,000 (£26,160) for victory after six hours of riding in the gruelling 257-kilometre race that famously takes in just over 54 kilometres of rough cobbled roads in northern France.

Sagan’s €30,000 winner’s earnings are part of a total prize pot of €91,000 for the race, which sees financial rewards handed out to the top 20 riders.

Swiss rider Silvan Dillier (BMC Racing) received €22,000 (£19,189) for placing second, with Niki Terpstra (Quick-Step Floors) getting €15,000 (£13,083) for third spot.

Looking down to the bottom of the list of prize money, Heinrich Haussler (Bahrain-Merida) received €500 for placing 20th.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not to late to register for the ride weather looking good. image.png
Two great causes and you can raise money for your own charity by getting sponsorship also 4 routes so you can use it for a training run for future rides.
www.hhbikeride.co.uk

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Most will have the option to Pause, mine does but the feature is off as it's bloody annoying. Can make a mug of you when cycling up a steep climb and going really slow and it pauses :laugh:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Boo I was hoping to sneak in a few bonus fantasy points, today.

Dylan Teuns nearly made my team, until I realised I was thinking of Edward Theuns, so I swapped him out for Pieter Serry.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Boo I was hoping to sneak in a few bonus fantasy points, today.

Dylan Teuns nearly made my team, until I realised I was thinking of Edward Theuns, so I swapped him out for Pieter Serry.

You still don't know your Dylan's from your Edward's I see. Having Dylan in from the start for a cobbled classic whilst telling Tricky about Grand Tour teams was pretty funny :lol:

Anyway, Serry did you proud, as did your Gros choice. Surprised you passed up the chance of putting a Reindeer in your team though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You still don't know your Dylan's from your Edward's I see. Having Dylan in from the start for a cobbled classic whilst telling Tricky about Grand Tour teams was pretty funny :lol:

Anyway, Serry did you proud, as did your Gros choice. Surprised you passed up the chance of putting a Reindeer in your team though.

hahahaha I didn't notice Reindeer until after I'd made my final selection and I just couldn't be arsed to put him in, there's only so many whims a team can carry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] did you install Redbox on your Firestick?

I ask as today's game is being shown on NBCsN which has consistently been the best viewing option offered up by Redbox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here