And yet ANOTHER strike ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38347283

Love the phrase -

"Unite's national officer for civil air transport, Oliver Richardson, said: "Our members are only taking this industrial action as a last resort in a bid to reach a fair settlement - our members have not had a pay rise since 2014."

You mean with a weeks notice to ruining families Christmas is a last resort ?? W@nkers !!!! I note the article doesn't say what OTHER efforts they've made to resolve the problem .... probably because they haven't made any other efforts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Love the phrase -

"Unite's national officer for civil air transport, Oliver Richardson, said: "Our members are only taking this industrial action as a last resort in a bid to reach a fair settlement - our members have not had a pay rise since 2014."

You mean with a weeks notice to ruining families Christmas is a last resort ?? W@nkers !!!! I note the article doesn't say what OTHER efforts they've made to resolve the problem .... probably because they haven't made any other efforts.

But let's not make any assumptions....wonder what the other side have to say for themselves

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
[video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/67a42e2d-55f4-4e58-baca-33a0917f3b63[/video]

D

Deleted member 22389

Love the phrase -

They don't know how fing lucky they are to have a job. May be If they had been in my position of being a month away of not being able to make the mortgage payment they might think differently about things. A job is to job these days and you have to grab what you can no matter how crap things are, because If you don't there are thousands of European workers ready to take the job.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
But let's not make any assumptions....wonder what the other side have to say for themselves

Hmmmm .... let me see, unions on Southern, strikes were planned over Christmas, they still are near new year. Argos drivers threaten to strike in the lead up to Christmas, Post Office workers to strike in the lead up to Christmas, BA cabin crew vote to strike around Christmas. Virgin Airways pilots to carry out industrial action, but not strikes, over Christmas. All this is 'last resort' ? My arse !!!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like this part: "they are barely keeping up with inflation". so they are keeping up with inflation, thats not good enough, must get more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wankers, last resort on 23 and 24 December really?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Swissport making £2bn profit yet no pay rise since 2014 and talks stalled since 2015. I'd say the wankers are on the company side of the table.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Love the phrase -

Presumably if some money had been forthcoming in the previous 2 years this would not have happened ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Swissport making £2bn profit yet no pay rise since 2014 and talks stalled since 2015. I'd say the wankers are on the company side of the table.

So you are condoning their choice of strike dates having had talks stall over a year ago? Righto :rolleyes:

Every time I haven't liked my boss or pay I've changed jobs...and then ended up working for myself. I find it hard to sympathise with wankers who strike at peak times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They don't know how fing lucky they are to have a job. May be If they had been in my position of being a month away of not being able to make the mortgage payment they might think differently about things. A job is to job these days and you have to grab what you can no matter how crap things are, because If you don't there are thousands of European workers ready to take the job.

Yes, " Lucky to have a Job " marvellous Old Chestnut and just in time for Christmas !..........I'm optimistic about getting a pay rise possibly next week, it will be my first rise since Jan 2015, maybe I should not accept the 1-1.5 % I might get after all, I'm lucky to have a job, any job and hell I am lording it on £8.20 an hour.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

THIS, I went years on end with no increase so those ( union supporting ) who feel no conscience about f---king up the rest of us should examine their deeper thoughts !

There must be considerable support to restrict the power of trade unions who can hold to ransome the entire population.

This, as a former member of unite ( small letters ), who did b--g-r all for me when I rightly had a grievance with my former employers.

Something to do perhaps with the employment structure of the unions and their salary expectations ?

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes, " Lucky to have a Job " marvellous Old Chestnut and just in time for Christmas !..........I'm optimistic about getting a pay rise possibly next week, it will be my first rise since Jan 2015, maybe I should not accept the 1-1.5 % I might get after all, I'm lucky to have a job, any job and hell I am lording it on £8.20 an hour.

When you don't have a job, and you can't find a job it becomes a very dark place. It ruins your confidence, ruins relationships, it can make some people ill through depression, so in the grand scheme of things its better to have something than nothing going in to your account every month.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

He hasn't said don't take a pay rise that's offered has he ? I'm in [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] 's boat on this one. In the last 3 years I've been made redundant twice, been out of work for a total of 10 months and taken a 35% pay cut. Have I tried to f**k over my customers in an attempt to blackmail my employers ? No ! I've gone on to get other jobs and worked hard. Where necessary I've used a lawyer to screw my (now ex) employer. No customer suffered.

There is no way on planet earth that every one of these strikes is 'last resort' yet it's the standard line trotted out by the unions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Union leaders LIKE striking. They get off on it. They think it justifies their existence. They think they are putting one over on big business and bosses. Half the time it's got f*** all to do with 'protecting their members interests' or 'safety', it's a CJTCs ego-trip.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hmmmm .... let me see, unions on Southern, strikes were planned over Christmas, they still are near new year. Argos drivers threaten to strike in the lead up to Christmas, Post Office workers to strike in the lead up to Christmas, BA cabin crew vote to strike around Christmas. Virgin Airways pilots to carry out industrial action, but not strikes, over Christmas. All this is 'last resort' ? My arse !!!!!

Personally I like to know all the facts before making judgement...clearly you feel strongly as it seems others do..but I won't be joining that particular bandwagon ..I'll watch with interest ....hopefully it can all be sorted before the dates mentioned

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Union leaders LIKE striking. They get off on it. They think it justifies their existence. They think they are putting one over on big business and bosses. Half the time it's got f*** all to do with 'protecting their members interests' or 'safety', it's a CJTCs ego-trip.

And employers are all Santa Claus.....oops I'm making assumptions

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here