Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As has been reported, it doesn't appear to be the fee for Ward that's the problem

I've lost track. What's the latest problem ? I assume it's Ward's wages ?

We must have got to the point of walking away and looking elsewhere if this is the case ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There is a deal there for Ward which his agent has refused (presumably believing someone else will offer more).
That is where it sits and we will only discuss a fee with the club once personal terms are agreed.

Source: friend at Wolves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a deal there for Ward which his agent has refused (presumably believing someone else will offer more).
That is where it sits and we will only discuss a fee with the club once personal terms are agreed.

Agents need to get real.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

If Ward thinks he should be one of the top earners at the club he should think again. He is a decent left back but no more than that. I would suggest we turn our attention elsewhere.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:tumble::tumble:

Well?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As has been reported, it doesn't appear to be the fee for Ward that's the problem

[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] said last night it's the fee not the wages I think..

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
When was the last time we announced a signing on a Saturday? I can't think of one.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Friedel. Spurs have just signed Vorm from Swansea. Would be great for Walton to learn from a talented, experienced goalkeeper. Friedel always comes across as a level-headed geezer, who probably just wants to play first team football at the latter stages of his playing career.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Friedel. Spurs have just signed Vorm from Swansea. Would be great for Walton to learn from a talented, experienced goalkeeper. Friedel always comes across as a level-headed geezer.

But Friedel is 1000 years old !

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
But Friedel is 1000 years old !

Granted, he's not far off being able to draw his pension. Still believe for one season someone like him would be ideal. We could play Walton in the cup matches, taking these games seriously this season. Mackail-Smith was asking for more experienced heads a few days ago. Here is some experience. Walton could be shown the ropes by Brad in preparation for him to be our No.1 next season.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Granted, he's not far off being able to draw his pension. Still believe for one season someone like him would be ideal. We could play Walton in the cup matches, taking these games seriously this season. Mackail-Smith was asking for more experienced heads a few days ago. Here is some experience. Walton could be shown the ropes by Brad in preparation for him to be our No.1 next season.

Isn't that Antti Niemi's job??

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Isn't that Antti Niemi's job??

You can never have enough wise heads around. Admittedly i had completely forgotten about Niemi's appointment. I still consider this to be a reasonable idea on the playing front. Ok Friedel has signed a one year contract with Spurs but he won't play unless Lloris and Vorm get injured.

Friedel could pass Walton secret notes when Niemi's back is turned during training sessions. 'Don't listen to that so and so. Catch the ball! Yeeeeeha!'

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here