Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
We've not been good, dominating, for weeks/months, whilst the points have still been coming in granted. Huddersfield's winner has been a real kick in the stomach and I along with others are seriously worried that they will overhaul us by the end of the month.....this doesn't mean I'll give less support than normal, just a view from a very down beat fan.

There is some truth in what you say but it's just negative. We won 4-1 in our last home game, came back from 1-0 down tonight to get a draw (against an up for it Ipswich), one point off the top of the table and have a huge goal difference on the chasing pack! We also have a very level headed manager and backroom staff!

Now is not the time for negative threads and bottling it! If it wasn't for Huddersfield's late injury time winner and Reading scraping a win, this thread would never have even been created!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Long way to go

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Irrespective of what happens in the next few weeks the simple truth is that we should've won that game and we didn't. That doesn't mean we're ****ed, we're just not as good as we'd like to think we are and I suspect that the next few games are going to really find us out. Sorry but that's the reality. As for where we'll end up, I don't know - well except that it will, I all likelihood, be in the Championship with only half the current team on the books. Barnsley away?? I think we'll get mullered.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There is some truth in what you say but it's just negative. We won 4-1 in our last home game, one point off the top of the table and have a huge goal difference on the chasing pack. We also have a very level headed manager and backroom staff!

Now is not the time for negative threads and bottling it!

I agree but a bad result on Saturday and the Amex will be nervy and quiet v Reading and Newcastle. A win and or good performance on Saturday and we'll be loud and encouraging. That Burnley game still haunts us until we can put these teams away.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
But... We are not top 2 material sadly. We had a great run in the first half of the season with a fair sprinkling of luck. But in the last 3 months we've been very average. The good news is we should make the play offs.

The sooner we manage this expectation the better. Our squad is excellent, and we have done brilliantly to get top 2 but we simply dont have enough to sustain this.

Good night for the chasing pack :(

Hopefully there'll be a decent response at Barnsley, to widen gap to Huddersfield who are playing Man City in Fa cup..
I really don't like our last few games, including away trips to Norwich and Villa to conclude season. So, we need to find sort ourselves asap, but it's way too early for those kind of posts! Our squad IS excellent, and we are more than capable of finishing top 2...

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Stop whingeing we`re one off the top..Second by two points and fifteen clear of seventh position........Anyone not happy where we are ?????

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Irrespective of what happens in the next few weeks the simple truth is that we should've won that game and we didn't. That doesn't mean we're ****ed, we're just not as good as we'd like to think we are and I suspect that the next few games are going to really find us out. Sorry but that's the reality. As for where we'll end up, I don't know - well except that it will, I all likelihood, be in the Championship with only half the current team on the books. Barnsley away?? I think we'll get mullered.

Bloody Northern teams away.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Look..... I'm not even judging Huddersfields form vs us and the fact that they spanked us. I'm just basing my original post on the fact that we've been pretty dross since the beginning of December.

We have a decent squad and we have overachieved brilliantly in the first half of the season. But we are not quite good enough for top 2.

Can anyone who has watched the Albion all season really disagree with that view ?

Play offs is not the end of the world

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Win Saturday and we are a guaranteed 7 points clear of Huddersfield.

Reading to come to our place along with Newcastle. Huddersfield to play Reading and Newcastle in the next few weeks also.

We are in a great position and I've every confidence we will finish in the top 2 of this division.

Tonight was a game we could have easily lost so let's take the positives rather than focus on the negatives. Saturday can't come soon enough for me, suggestion for those being so negative, purchase a ticket and get your arses up to Barnsley and cheer the boys on.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So disappointed that my treble got ruined by the Albion. Expensive Valentine's and I'm single and stayed at home!

My main concern is pressure. If it's bad now what's it going to be like in April and May again? Pass the valium. :eek:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Look..... I'm not even judging Huddersfields form vs us and the fact that they spanked us. I'm just basing my original post on the fact that we've been pretty dross since the beginning of December.

We have a decent squad and we have overachieved brilliantly in the first half of the season. But we are not quite good enough for top 2.

Can anyone who has watched the Albion all season really disagree with that view ?

In the playoffs do you think we'd overcome Norwich, for example?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Agreed, it was about December things went a bit wobbly. Those games against Leeds and QPR didn't help, they were like training matches. We've lacked consistent quality and, most alarmingly, consistent intensity for a couple of months now.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I understand the anxieties but I am sure Huddersfield would rather be in our position 4 points better off with a far superior goal difference...

Wrong, all the while they're chasing they have no pressure. The rate they're moving, goal difference will be completely irrelevant

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We ARE top two material. We've been on a bad run, but we're still four points clear of third which shows we deserve to be here.

We always have a bad run at some point, once we get back in our stride again, we'll finish the job...Hopefully.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's another rollercoaster season for us this year. I think we have been far from our best but I honestly think that at some stage a late surge will see us through. Barnsley is a big game though there's no doubt about it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I understand the anxieties but I am sure Huddersfield would rather be in our position 4 points better off with a far superior goal difference...

We wont be saying that by the end of the month, with the forms the way they are we'll be wanting to swap with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here