Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Another great French thriller for your delectation and delight.

Covers.jpg

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm in the middle of summarising this thread for convenience sake (I'll post it soon) and I've just realised how many recommendations here have been absolutely brilliant, how many things I would never have come across.

In the meantime, and psyched from the news that Bryan Cranston will be treading the boards in London this year, I came across "Sneaky Pete" (I recommend the Guardian's catch up section for bits and bobs too - https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/series/tv-and-radio-catch-up-guide), featuring Him playing a nasty gangster type fella, and (apparently) Courtney Cox's on-screen brother in Friends as a con artist in literal debt to him.

It's rollicking stuff, with plenty of con-moments, oodles of cleverly overlapping plots, tension, chuckles... I suppose "mild peril", as the film posters have it these days. I'm on episode 9 of 10 and don't really want it to end.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Me and the Mrs have just binged on This Is Us. Well worth a watch if you want something genuine and warm hearted. Bit cheesy and "Message" at times, but in context it really works

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Looking for something new to watch, most trailers for US dramas leave me totally uninterested. I loved the West Wing - superb. Have just watched series 1 of Billions and it was ok, though a shame they're making series 2, should have let it alone.

I did watch the first episode of Game of Thrones to see what all the fuss was about - made it through about 20 minutes before deciding it was utter sh*te. Quite fancy House of Cards though.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm on series two of halt and catch fire. An 80's series on the emergence of computer technology. Not a bad watch, with only 3 series I will finish it.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I did watch the first episode of Game of Thrones to see what all the fuss was about - made it through about 20 minutes before deciding it was utter sh*te.

You are clearly somebody who makes a quick decision. Game of Thrones..20 mins..shiite

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I did watch the first episode of Game of Thrones to see what all the fuss was about - made it through about 20 minutes before deciding it was utter sh*te..

You are clearly somebody who makes a quick decision. Game of Thrones..20 mins..shiite

A girl at work borrowed the entire Box set from a colleague last year. After the first episode she said it was a boring heap of cr@p. We advised her to stick with it. Within a few episodes, she and her boyfriend were hooked.

They are looking forward to the new season more than us!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A girl at work borrowed the entire Box set from a colleague last year. After the first episode she said it was a boring heap of cr@p. We advised her to stick with it. Within a few episodes, she and her boyfriend were hooked.

They are looking forward to the new season more than us!

I just don't do "fantasy", but thought I'd give it a try. You can keep your Werewolves, zombies and demons too - which seems to rule out about 98% of American output.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

Documentary but don't let that put you off. The movie or series is bound to follow...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I just don't do "fantasy", but thought I'd give it a try. You can keep your Werewolves, zombies and demons too - which seems to rule out about 98% of American output.

All is not lost. Season 9 of "Curb your Enthusiasm" should be airing sometime this year according to HBO. Come back Larry David - post Trump America needs you

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

That's fair enough. I wasn't criticising. Just that sometimes it may be better to give it more of a chance to let it grown on you.

There are a lot of cooking/talent shows that just do not interest me.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That's fair enough. I wasn't criticising. Just that sometimes it may be better to give it more of a chance to let it grown on you.

There are a lot of cooking/talent shows that just do not interest me.

As a kid I think I would have killed to have a choice of 300 TV channels, as we only had 3, then 4 to choose from (and when I was really young, there was just the testcard for large parts of the day). However, I should have realised that 300 channels meant most of it would be unwatchable rubbish. I never watch BBC1 or ITV1 - never seen any of the reality or "talent" shows, so really even with all that choice there's very little for me. A good box set where I can view on demand is a good thing, though - oh, plus the sport ... I'd be lost without my Sky golf and tennis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here