Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben loftus-Cheek on loan?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barber has been asked that question and has made 100% clear that we have never agreed to a loan deal with any guarantee of selection.
And you're going to take his word over some random on NSC? :rolleyes:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This is the sort of signing we need. If Baldock and Murray get injured we will struggle. We have Hemed but that is not enough .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No!
We do not want any player who has made the first team of the best side in the PL, playing along side multi cup winning world class players and managers, who has also been selected to play for England.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Barber has been asked that question and has made 100% clear that we have never agreed to a loan deal with any guarantee of selection. The only pressure to play the loanee is financial. He explained that such deals (Prem starlet to smaller club) are structured such that if you do play them the parent club will cover (some of) the wages, as they are pleased they are getting the games. If you don't play them you end up paying more or all of their (ridiculous) wages.

Fair enough. Makes sense.

But he'd still expect to start, don't you think?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No!
We do not want any player who has made the first team of the best side in the PL, playing along side multi cup winning world class players and managers, who has also been selected to play for England.

Agreed! After all we have Sam Baldock! :D

But in all seriousness I think it would be a very decent loan and Sam can always be available as a back up on the bench. :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Chelsea supporting friend who watches their U-21s team regularly says he's a good player but wouldn't work in our 4-4-2 system that relies on hard working midfielders. He's prone to being a bit lazy apparently, so it's a no thank you from me.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No!

It's exactly that pedigree that makes me think that if they are going to loan him out then they'd at least want him starting on a very regular basis. A bit like Tammy Abrahams.

The Birmingham rumours make a lot of sense. Club links and ties seem to play a big role in loan deals. Zola will want to be bringing players in and the looney foreign owners appear to be willing to splash the cash so covering wages shouldn't be an issue for them.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Very fine young player. Yes please.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I would think that any Premier League player loaned out to a club this month could well return for a full season loan in 17/18.
If we build a relationship with him and we like each other he could be a quality addition to the club.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Taken from the Birmingham Mail on the14th December

Under Rowett, Blues were notoriously difficult to beat but found it tough to score goals - it could be completely different with Zola.

His Watford side played a very bold 3-5-2 formation and manipulated the ball in midfield. Blues might not currently have the players to set up that way, but you would expect the new man to be backed heavily in January.

He utilised the loan market to great effect at Watford and could use his contacts to find the players of his choice once again.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chelsea supporting friend who watches their U-21s team regularly says he's a good player but wouldn't work in our 4-4-2 system that relies on hard working midfielders. He's prone to being a bit lazy apparently, so it's a no thank you from me.

I've heard similar "can be a bit lazy" comments in the past from a Chelsea supporting work mate too. He also rates him highly though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I take it everyone who is saying no has never seen him play? Would be a great loan signing, watched him play for England Under 21's and he's got a decent shot and a great pass, not slow either considering his size

I take it you have seen the only player we actually need (if at all) is a Baldock type player for competition and injury/suspension? Every other base is covered.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Taken from the Birmingham Mail on the14th December

Under Rowett, Blues were notoriously difficult to beat but found it tough to score goals - it could be completely different with Zola.

His Watford side played a very bold 3-5-2 formation and manipulated the ball in midfield. Blues might not currently have the players to set up that way, but you would expect the new man to be backed heavily in January.

He utilised the loan market to great effect at Watford and could use his contacts to find the players of his choice once again.

Sorry mate, maybe I'm being stooopid but what ms that got to do with Loftys-Cheek to BHA? You're saying maybe Zola will go in for him with his Chelsea links?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry mate, maybe I'm being stooopid but what ms that got to do with Loftys-Cheek to BHA? You're saying maybe Zola will go in for him with his Chelsea links?

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes.

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together. Probably coming up with 5, but that's what transfer window speculation is all about isn't it :)

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I take it you have seen the only player we actually need (if at all) is a Baldock type player for competition and injury/suspension? Every other base is covered.

I think we could do with a player like him, would allow us to change it up a bit if he played in behind Murray/Hemed. There's no harm in serious strength in depth, who's to say we won't lose players to injury? He is a quality player and if he is available we should be looking at him, I can't imagine his wages are too high and we wouldn't be covering all of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here