Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What kind of opposition do you want in the next round of the League Cup?

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
I'd like another lower league team and continue to test this development squad/reserves. I can't see any benefit other than financial in getting a big name in the next round as we would almost certainly have to field a very strong side and I'd rather that was saved for the league.

Northampton, Gillingham, Millwall, maybe Shrewsbury would be good. Away matches are a better test of character for blooding (hopefully not literally) the second string and Under-23 players pushing for first team selection.

The longer the run continues, with them getting games, the better.

On the other hand, Burnley and Middlesboro, at home, to right the wrongs of last season.........

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Northampton, Gillingham, Millwall, maybe Shrewsbury would be good. Away matches are a better test of character for blooding (hopefully not literally) the second string and Under-23 players pushing for first team selection.

On the other hand, Burnley and Middlesboro, at home, to right the wrongs of last season.........

Millwall were put out by Forest earlier tonight. Shit club at home please - continue with the Dev squad for as long as possible.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like another lower league team and continue to test this development squad/reserves. I can't see any benefit other than financial in getting a big name in the next round as we would almost certainly have to field a very strong side and I'd rather that was saved for the league.
Same. It's useful for getting players fit, particularly those returning from injury.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I said, last night, I would love Accrington to knock Burnley out tonight, and draw them away. I need to cross off their ground.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I was chatting over our prospects this season with a work colleague a few weeks back. I was convinced we had a decent squad with some promising youngsters and thus said I was hopeful of a good run in one of the cups, like the EFL Cup. Here's hoping....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Normally I'd say a Premier League team for the fun of a big night at The Amex. But just don't see the point this time around as we're sure to keep playing the back-up players and rightly so. In which case, a Championship side at home - so we can really see the standard they're at.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If we get a Man Utd then I hope it's away, I would struggle with all the southern dickhead fans of these clubs no doubt being scattered all over the stadium, I still shudder at the Arsenal game, I almost had a 1980s moment in that game and I'm way too old for that now!!!!!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia

Bit unfair to have to play 2 teams:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here