....Although we could have done better up front
Yes missed too many good chances
...Defending was poor
Lots of misplaced passes and poor tackling
I didn’t understand Chris’ substitutions
...We’re not good enough at this level
We were totally outclassed
Boooooooo!

Listening on the 'wireless' is always an exciting alternative to actually watching the Albion live IMO.
It goes back to my yoof when listening on BBC R2 mw, to the Forest v Albion evening game, can't remember the score, but was exciting, even though I was supposed to be revising :blush:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Listening on the 'wireless' is always an exciting alternative to actually watching the Albion live IMO.
It goes back to my yoof when listening on BBC R2 mw, to the Forest v Albion evening game, can't remember the score, but was exciting, even though I was supposed to be revising :blush:

Agreed, same here, always liked sport on the radio since teenage years. Brilliant for cricket as well. Love TMS.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
What are you most looking forward to?

1. Half and half scarves being punted at Brighton Station.
2. A fair sprinkling of Spurs fans in the Albion stands (I know of a local lifelong Spurs “supporter” who is attending their first ever Spurs game tonight. In the home end, obvs)
3. The thread on here tomorrow moaning about the jubilant Spurs fans in 1901 celebrating Kane’s hat-track?

Or something else?

I see on SSN that spurs are talking about banning single use plastics at their new stadium next season, that might not bode well for this fella , (and a few others)......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A smattering of applause in the home end when Harry Kane comes on and then inevitably bangs a 15 minute hat trick in.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Don't forget all the kids in the home stands holding up crappy signs asking for shirts from their Spuds favourites...

Can someone take a copy of this along? I'm working tonight :tantrum:
Studio_20180417_180902.png

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's shameful but I know for sure that many of our JCL support are closet spurs.

The songs we sing are a lot of Tottenham derivatives and there's something "classy" about them compared to a lot of the London clubs.

Diss all you like but we all know some of these arsehats.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chris Hughton's grin in the post match interview after winning 3 points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
...That was brilliant Jonny, superb performance all over the pitch
Yes, wasn’t it, great stuff from the Albion
....Although we could have done better up front
Yes missed too many good chances
...Defending was poor
Lots of misplaced passes and poor tackling
I didn’t understand Chris’ substitutions
...We’re not good enough at this level
We were totally outclassed
Boooooooo!
"Just one more win, Jonny, one more win."

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It's shameful but I know for sure that many of our JCL support are closet spurs.

The songs we sing are a lot of Tottenham derivatives and there's something "classy" about them compared to a lot of the London clubs.

Diss all you like but we all know some of these arsehats.

I know several in this category but to describe Spurs as “classy” is ludicrous. Scummiest/scuzziest bunch of fans in London. Worse than “Chels” and that’s clearly saying something.

Back on topic:

The post match train ride condescending chat from a visiting fan - you played well, for a small club etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I know several in this category but to describe Spurs as “classy” is ludicrous. Scummiest/scuzziest bunch of fans in London. Worse than “Chels” and that’s clearly saying something.

Back on topic:

The post match train ride condescending chat from a visiting fan - you played well, for a small club etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classy compared to Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea Millwall and of course the jolly jester men of south Norwood.

I'm probably thinking of Spurs teams of yesteryear to be fair.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was this the one when 7,000 brighton fans made it but two trains with another 1000 plus didn't for a midweek game.
With incidents at service stations with Watford and Luton fans 🙄😬 bad old days

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Was this the one when 7,000 brighton fans made it but two trains with another 1000 plus didn't for a midweek game.
With incidents at service stations with Watford and Luton fans ���� bad old days

Might have been chap :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

we lost 3-2. It was a great game though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here