Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we appeal the Propper red?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Looked a good 50/50 from WSU. Surprised he was sent off. Sadly the appeal Will be a waste of time as the panel always sides with the ref

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Having seen Ashley Young's 2 footed tackle on Aguero that got nothing and should have been a penalty and red card, it's definitely worth appealing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having seen Ashley Young's 2 footed tackle on Aguero that got nothing and should have been a penalty and red card, it's definitely worth appealing.

Shocker from Atkinson. Stone wall penalty and red card for violence. Even Gary Neville said so, both before and after the slow-mo replay.

We got lucky today though when Duffy should've got a second yellow for taking out their player on the counter down the wing. A challenge he didn't need to make, in a rubbish performance. Talk of him walking into top PL club defences was fanciful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, let's give the FA the chance to make it 5.

Never get overturned but given it's end of season and I don't think we've appealed anything so far, why not.
Calde's red card was after a 50/50 challenge & the bloke broke his leg.

No we don't. And no it isn't - it is the club recognising it's completely pointless, and actually risks a longer suspension.

We've appealed there or four red cards in recent years without any further suspensions.
It's worth a try, but I don't think it will be overturned.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We have to. Otherwise the club is agreeing that it was a red.

Disagree. We would just be weighing up whether it is worth bothering.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Calde's red card was after a 50/50 challenge & the bloke broke his leg.

We've appealed there or four red cards in recent years without any further suspensions.
It's worth a try, but I don't think it will be overturned.

This.

It is not frivolous as there is debate around it. Frivolous would be appealing an off the ground over the ball studs up leg breaker.

This is very similar to the Calde red card imo.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just seen on MOTD I think it's well worth an appeal only looks bad as the Huddersfield player spins round like spinning top and make

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we can’t even agree amongst ourselves I think you can take it that we have absolutely no chance of it being overturned. I’d be surprised if they extended it by a game though so got to be worth a try.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
If we can’t even agree amongst ourselves I think you can take it that we have absolutely no chance of it being overturned. I’d be surprised if they extended it by a game though so got to be worth a try.

Agree with this. At the time I thought it was a heavy challenge, the sort that picks up a yellow but there’s no way it will be overturned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Just seen on MOTD I think it's well worth an appeal only looks bad as the Huddersfield player spins round like spinning top and make

Just seen it on Match of The Day myself. I don't know what the pundits made of it as I had the volume down but i think there is no chance of getting that red overturned. Studs showing with a straight leg. I wouldn't want to be on the end of that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just seen it on Match of The Day myself. I don't know what the pundits made of it as I had the volume down but i think there is no chance of getting that red overturned. Studs showing with a straight leg. I wouldn't want to be on the end of that.

Lampard said definite red Lineker and Murphy said 50/50 CH said 50/50 so I would expect them to appeal it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Lampard said definite red Lineker and Murphy said 50/50 CH said 50/50 so I would expect them to appeal it.

Hughton said (from the BBC) "On the sending off: "It is down to a referee on the day whether they want to send a player off for that challenge. You will see numerous challenges like that where there are two competitive players. At the time, I thought it was harsh."

That doesn't sound like any appetite to appeal - he's said it's down to the ref on the day, which is precisely what any panel would say.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughton said (from the BBC) "On the sending off: "It is down to a referee on the day whether they want to send a player off for that challenge. You will see numerous challenges like that where there are two competitive players. At the time, I thought it was harsh."

That doesn't sound like any appetite to appeal - he's said it's down to the ref on the day, which is precisely what any panel would say.

is that not 50/50? I would think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here