Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am just exceptionally happy with this signing.

It either helps cover the lack of loan window next year in the Championship, or gives us a young enough bonus player to be outside the PL 25man squad limits.

Exactly what we need, something for the future, and someone to either take Elvis' place or give Elvis that wake up call he perhaps needs.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
£400,000 is a lot for a development squad signing so I could only hope/imagine that he will be there for a limited period.

Likely down to the fact that he hasn't had a pre season I'd imagine. Good time to come in with a 2 week break.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A surprising number of people on here must watch Norwegian football as it seems their minds have already been made up that he'll 'never make the first team'.

"If experience teaches us anything it's that experience teaches us nothing".

You really can't blame us for believing that this latest signing will go the way of all the previous ones of this ilk though really.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
"If experience teaches us anything it's that experience teaches us nothing".

You really can't blame us for believing that this latest signing will go the way of all the previous ones of this ilk though really.

Whilst I take your general point, how many 'of his ilk' have we previously signed?

And by his 'ilk' I mean young players PROVEN in senior football (50+ top level appearances in Bjordal's case, at the age of 18).

Agdestein, Hambo, etc had only played a handful of games. Harper hasn't played ANY senior football. Mar Larrussen was 15 (and still doing very well). Molumby signed at 15 (now playing U21 games at 16).

To be honest with only ONE exception I can think of, we've never signed a player truly 'of his ilk'.

(unfortunately that one exception was Roland Bergkamp, but I'll ignore that one :jester: )

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Flew in yesterday - signing to be part of first team although not expected to go straight in to the matchday squad after just starting pre-season in Norway. - fee suggested to be up to £400K including all appearance etc add-ons (so possibly half that as a basic fee). Three and a half year deal.

:clap: Well done to Severnside for nailing colours to the mast with this and passing on the info. We'll let the contract length bit slide of course ;)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whilst I take your general point, how many 'of his ilk' have we previously signed?

And by his 'ilk' I mean young players PROVEN in senior football (50+ top level appearances in Bjordal's case, at the age of 18).

Agdestein, Hambo, etc had only played a handful of games. Harper hasn't played ANY senior football. Mar Larrussen was 15 (and still doing very well). Molumby signed at 15 (now playing U21 games at 16).

To be honest with only ONE exception I can think of, we've never signed a player truly 'of his ilk'.

(unfortunately that one exception was Roland Bergkamp, but I'll ignore that one :jester: )

Fair enough, if you consider playing in Norway to be top level I suppose.

As I say, even though we can't rely on past experience, a quick look by your average punter at recent young signings from Scandinavia would naturally lead to pessimism. You may well have a point about not looking close enough at the experience of the signings, but the initial perception is a powerful one and often forms opinion.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Fair enough, if you consider playing in Norway to be top level I suppose.

As I say, even though we can't rely on past experience, a quick look by your average punter at recent young signings from Scandinavia would naturally lead to pessimism. You may well have a point about not looking close enough at the experience of the signings, but the initial perception is a powerful one and often forms opinion.

It would be pretty ill-informed opinion, in my eyes. We've previously signed a total of TWO young players from Scandinavia (Agdestien, who was undoubtedly a failure, and Hambo, who played well in his ONE appearance before getting injured). Its a stupidly small sample to make sweeping generalisations on.

It would be like saying that Bertin and Martot were average so we shouldn't sign any more French players.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It would be pretty ill-informed opinion, in my eyes. We've previously signed a total of TWO young players from Scandinavia (Agdestien, who was undoubtedly a failure, and Hambo, who played well in his ONE appearance before getting injured). Its a stupidly small sample to make sweeping generalisations on.

It would be like saying that Bertin and Martot were average so we shouldn't sign any more French players.

As with all populist knee-jerk reactions... of course it's ill informed :lol: I've no argument there.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Whilst I am pleased with this signing, as he obviously has great potential and I think the club have concerns over Lua Lua's fitness so another quality winger will do no harm, I can't help feel sorry for James Tilley who looks to be a clone of the Norwegian lad when you watch the videos. Both willing to take people on with no fear at a young age. If they both work out we have wingers sorted for the next few years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to the Albion Henrik. Good luck with graduating to our 1st team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here