Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Rotherham

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This special bus from the pavilion is virtually empty. Suggest anyone stuck at the station walks down trafalgar street.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Trains turned out to be great tonight- maybe because people had made other plans. Got an early train 18.15 ish from Brighton no queue walked on. Coming back stopped for a beer after the game then walk e straight down on to a direct train to Brighton. Best ever TBH

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Empty spaces at the Amex where regulars missed the game because the worry over connecting trains.

OK this time out; as good as it gets going home. I have to leave half an hour earlier though because of cancelled trains West Coastway. Others cannot make it in time after work. Eight o'clock KO would help them, but might cause problems getting home. Standing all of the way in and the first half of the way back.

OK this time, but the trains cannot be relied upon. Too many times it has gone wrong.

People who use park 'n ride arrive home at exactly the same time as me when the trains are OK.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Loads waiting at Brighton station, hasn't been a train for 25 minutes, think they are going to run more frequently from 6:50pm however...

One train left at 6:42 but we could not get on this one. Next one they said was due to leave at 6:51 but the timetable said 7:04. It left just after seven. Both these trains were standing room only. A train left after this as well.

On the way back I could not get on the train to Brighton just before ten and the next one was timetabled at 10:20, but a train arrived earlier at 10:13. Then the timetable sign said trains at 10:20 and 10:24 pm. West Coastway train left at 10:33 pm. Quite often before, we miss this connection or can't get on the train because it is full. Not this time cause it was an 8 coach train.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One train left at 6:42 but we could not get on this one. Next one they said was due to leave at 6:51 but the timetable said 7:04. It left just after seven. Both these trains were standing room only. A train left after this as well.

On the way back I could not get on the train to Brighton just before ten and the next one was timetabled at 10:20, but a train arrived earlier at 10:13. Then the timetable sign said trains at 10:20 and 10:24 pm. West Coastway train left at 10:33 pm. Quite often before, we miss this connection or can't get on the train because it is full. Not this time cause it was an 8 coach train.

The train just before ten to Brighton had loads of space on it but the divvys managing the gates are idiots. Likewise Brighton station

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Trains worked for me last night. Slightly delayed arriving, but headed back east no problem really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here