Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listening to fans on the tram we caught back there really is a sense of entitlement which was pretty appalling

If so they are going to go only one way - down the table to join Arsenal. Overpaid superstars struggling to find the passion or reason to put in a shift against 'lesser' sides, and an audience expecting constant thrills, becoming increasingly silent with each passing phase of neat but needless triangular passing. Meanwhile the ManU equivalents of PPF will get older and balder and fatter and grumpier and end up with only the vestigial memory of the importance of tribal loyalty to prevent them rocking up to stand on the terrace at Rochdale or Stockport.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What was really noticeable was that in front of goal we always head straight at the keeper.
They should make part of the training heading balls crossed into the area down at the ground, as this is a damned site harder for goalkeepers to read.
Happens consistently every game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I felt the same watching the game live on BT. This is LAZY JOURNALISM. The narrative is big club vs smaller club; big club needs FA cup win. When the result is 2-0 the lazy journalists say a 'cold blooded' victory. Bollocks. ManU had a hard game last night against a team that did not come to clog and foul and dive (not once - imagine how Stoke or Palarse would have played against them).

However, all the while we are disregarded we stay under the radar. The last thing I want is the journalists drooling over our players. Earlier on the radio even Sidwell was acknowledging that Dunk might soon be too good for us (I am transliterating here - he didn't exactly say this but the notion was evident). I want us to be ignored so when we stay up we can keep our best players and build.

But it does irritate me when the punters do the 'rah rah Man United go marching' on bollocks. I really dislike that club....

A lot of those pundits know fek all about clubs outside the top six and say clubs like Everton ...Scholes and Mcmamaman epitomised that yesterday evening....I really yearn for the day when we have the option of muting everything but the crowd atmosphere.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Arrived home after 3 am so I’m way too tired to read this thread but presumably the 3 minutes injury time has been discussed ? It must have taken that long for their player to walk off after being substituted. A couple of times the ref held his wrist up when Man U players were timewasting and yet he didn’t bother adding the time. Excellent performance by the Albion that has been covered elsewhere but I just thought the 3 minutes was bizarre.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Arrived home after 3 am so I’m way too tired to read this thread but presumably the 3 minutes injury time has been discussed ? It must have taken that long for their player to walk off after being substituted. A couple of times the ref held his wrist up when Man U players were timewasting and yet he didn’t bother adding the time. Excellent performance by the Albion that has been covered elsewhere but I just thought the 3 minutes was bizarre.

Agreed.......the sub, a goal, 4 (?) substitutions, another time when the ref held his watch up (they were pissing about with a throw-in), Ashley Young pretending he was out cold when in reality I think his sock had slipped down a bit.......was expecting 5-6 mins.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
IT should still be a neutral grounds. Keep Wembley for the final.

So are you saying you wouldn't want to go to Wembley? I'm sure many people would take your ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Three week break for now, next game for me will be 'udders@home.

Looking forward to it

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So are you saying you wouldn't want to go to Wembley? I'm sure many people would take your ticket.

Where does my post say that?

Having the semi-finals at Wembley devalues the magic of the final. I've already been to Wembley this season to watch us play Spurs.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I felt the same watching the game live on BT. This is LAZY JOURNALISM. The narrative is big club vs smaller club; big club needs FA cup win. When the result is 2-0 the lazy journalists say a 'cold blooded' victory. Bollocks. ManU had a hard game last night against a team that did not come to clog and foul and dive (not once - imagine how Stoke or Palarse would have played against them).

However, all the while we are disregarded we stay under the radar. The last thing I want is the journalists drooling over our players. Earlier on the radio even Sidwell was acknowledging that Dunk might soon be too good for us (I am transliterating here - he didn't exactly say this but the notion was evident). I want us to be ignored so when we stay up we can keep our best players and build.

But it does irritate me when the punters do the 'rah rah Man United go marching' on bollocks. I really dislike that club....

I don't even bother listening to the BT commentary, watch it live, turned the volume down and listened to Messrs Cantor & Aspinall :)

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
What was really noticeable was that in front of goal we always head straight at the keeper.
They should make part of the training heading balls crossed into the area down at the ground, as this is a damned site harder for goalkeepers to read.
Happens consistently every game.
We are improving. Up until this game we headed over the bar. A little fine tuning needed.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Really? Watching MOTD highlights this morning I wasn't sure who the team was who kept shooting as they weren't mentioned in the after match bullshit. The BBC have an agenda against us.

Brighton and Hove Albion and Jeremy Corbyn.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How many did we take in the end ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't even bother listening to the BT commentary, watch it live, turned the volume down and listened to Messrs Cantor & Aspinall :)

Have you got a weblink? Last time I tried I couldn't get the local commentary via t'internet (some years ago).... :amex:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which of these comments is the most accurate (I didn't watch the game)?

Not sure we had a weak link to be honest (despite what @BG might think). Stats reflect how much we gave it a good go, particularly in the second half.....just one of those days when we couldn’t score. There was some good MU defending to be fair too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here