Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The long and the short

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
OK a bit bored this morning and so looked up our squad. The tallest were obvious, Duffy and Dunk but the shortest was a huge surprise to me (no not Matty). Dale Stephens! I had absolutely no idea.:wozza:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
OK a bit bored this morning and so looked up our squad. The tallest were obvious, Duffy and Dunk but the shortest was a huge surprise to me (no not Matty). Dale Stephens! I had absolutely no idea.:wozza:

Well you are wrong

José Izquierdo is the smaller than Dale.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Haha

Absolute nonsense.

Knockaert, Izquierdo, Kayal, Skalak are all comfortably shorter than Stephens. And probably half a dozen others, too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
By the way i have also looked at their height stats in the past and age. Sad i know.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
OK according to the club website Stephens 169cm,Balldock 170, Jose 171, Skalak 177 and Kayal 178?

If you have seen Stephens on the pitch you will know he is about 6'

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If you have seen Stephens on the pitch you will know he is about 6'

I know that was why I was flabbergasted when I saw the heights. I checked Seagulls, who scored and wikiped. It's very strange that the club have his height wrong. Medical team out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The OP might be onto something here:-

AbyLoEzi.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe Stephens is never as far away as you think.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't know how Stephens's height got listed wrongly, but it has fooled Jeff Stelling, who was quoting him on Soccer Saturday as being only 5'7" earlier this season. He was laughed at when they showed clips of him in action, looking considerably taller.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here