Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Would he be 4th choice midfielder, or would perhaps he be the backup to Gross? Considering we don't have anyone naturally to assume that role...I know Kayal/March could but it's not their primary role.
Be interesting to see going forwards but I think Gross will be used on the wings now with CH going for two strikers, or at least I’m hoping.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Would he be 4th choice midfielder, or would perhaps he be the backup to Gross? Considering we don't have anyone naturally to assume that role...I know Kayal/March could but it's not their primary role.

This. He is someone that would offer more pace than Gross and still only 23, so may be more than a backup eventually.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Better than that for the lad probably.

1st choice FA cup centre midfielder.

Back up and sub to Groß in our 4-4-1-1.

Also.....

Imagine Stephens suspended (3 games) & Kayal plus Groß injured. We have a potential ‘Left Back 2015/16’ style crisis on our hands if we don’t sign another midfielder or recall Norwood!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Be interesting to see going forwards but I think Gross will be used on the wings now with CH going for two strikers, or at least I’m hoping.

I'd worry if he was put on the wing, whilst he's probably the best crosser/dead ball player in the squad he just doesn't have the pace. Maybe he will be a bench player if we play 2 up and come on if we are defending a lead and go 4-4-1-1 or something?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
This. He is someone that would offer more pace than Gross and still only 23, so may be more than a backup eventually.

He's extremely versatile from what I can tell. Can play as a carrilero in a two man pivot, number 10, winger and deep lying second striker. English so suits the HGP quota, young so one to build around possibly, highly talented player that was tipped for big things. Only concern is his attitude problems which are the reason he's a League One footballer, he's apparently a disruptive character

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Just spoke to my Wigan mate! He rates him very highly. Ex man united younster. He'll be gutted if he comes to us

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Do we really want to pay upto £7m for someone to come in and be 4th choice midfielder, not make the bench and then be sold for less than half of that a year or so later? Still a definite NO from me

I am quite certain Uncle Tony and his team know what they are doing with the team building and the spending of money..

of course you are free to email Uncle Tony or Mr B and let them know your feelings......you never know it might sway thier decision.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am quite certain Uncle Tony and his team know what they are doing with the team building and the spending of money..

of course you are free to email Uncle Tony or Mr B and let them know your feelings......you never know it might sway thier decision.

Don't be fecking ridiculous...they haven't a scoobie !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It seems unlikely that with the first team playing tonight and him (presumably being up north) it's going to be very difficult to get this over the line tonight.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Didnt winstanley do Jose's signing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here