Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Negative" support

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Completely agree. It's like the people that have to sing "****ing useless" after the first shank of the game, with no consideration for how east it is for the opposition to rip the piss if we concede

With this I disagree. This chant has almost become tongue in cheek since it is a given that we exactly will be guilty of a massive clanger of equivalent proportions any moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I miss the old days(old days for me, for some of you they're fairly recent...) when the north stand would sing such positive ditties as:

you're going home in a sussex ambulance

you're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in

get your tits out for the lads

stevie coppel's got v.d(that's a postive one because it's about something he has rahter than doesn't have)

A whole selection of anti palace songs(in a time when we were divisions apart)
Is that all you take away

Various other songs insulting the opposition, their towns, sexual proclivities, life choices and economic circumstances.etc etc

Basically it's been this way for at least 30 years, presumably more, so to answer the question; yes, Bozza, you are an old grumpo.:thumbsup:

Tip toe, through the North Stand, wiv yer boots on, get yer ed kicked in.

Times move on, though.

'Your codpiece is not required
From a quizling you were sired'

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're conflating a bit there. I have left early (or attempted to leave early) on numerous occasions. There is more chance, however, of my having a threesome with Angelina Jolie and Fanny Ardant than there is of my switching my affections to Another Lady (I mean Club).

A brave poster, admitting acts of treachery in leaving games early.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A brave poster, admitting acts of treachery in leaving games early.

I can't understand people who can't understand my leaving early, I really can't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Next you're going to admit to watching a live Amex game on TV. Plastic, JCL, bedwetter, Troy Deeney lookalike, scouse-lover, pikey, Barber and every other grown-up insult the main board can throw at you.

I daren't. Slippery slope....at my age, and my location, I'd never go 'live' again. I'd turn into a silly pink fairy.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This has long been a bit of annoyance to me.

Yes, I get most/all fans do it, and there's certainly a time and a place for taking the piss out of opposition players, fans and managers, but I'd much rather we collectively engaged in pro-Albion songs and support than some of the others that get trotted out.

Last night we had just hauled ourselves level when, deep in added time, Southampton had a free-kick in a very dangerous position just outside our box. The response of some of the Albion crowd was to break into "2-0 and you ****ed it up". Brilliant. Fortunately Many Ryan pulled off what looked to be a fine save and we survived.

Other classics from last night:

"The South Coast is ours, the South Coast is ours..." - is it? Is it really? What does that actually mean, particularly given we were losing at the time?

"Southampton's a shit hole, I wanna go home." - the game was in its infancy and you want to go home? Also: save that for the likes of Burnley where you may have a point.

"There's no one there, there's no one there..." - OK, there were some empty seats but it was Southampton v Brighton on a Monday night live on Sky. For much of that first half I was envious of the stay aways.

Is ti just me? Am I a grumpy old man?

Spot on makes us look fin pot, especially Southampton’s a shit hole ...... really compared with what?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I lost faith in our choir at St Andrews when they chanted "You're just a small town in Villa... "

The 2-0 ****ed up chant had a big arse waiting to be bitten.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The bloke next to me walked out when their second went in saying I've had enough of this shit i'm going home.

Now that, is "Negative" support.

When I saw this thread, thought this would be what it was about.

We had 4 blokes next to us:
- not one word of encouragement, clap or support between them
- moaned every time we gave the ball away or even when they did ok (Bong)
- the guy next to me was wearing a bright red shirt
- stayed to the end, but cleared off on the final whistle, no acknowledgment of the fightback

Genuine question, why do these people bother to come?

PG

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Yes, I get most/all fans do it, and there's certainly a time and a place for taking the piss out of opposition players, fans and managers, but I'd much rather we collectively engaged in pro-Albion songs and support than some of the others that get trotted out.

Last night we had just hauled ourselves level when, deep in added time, Southampton had a free-kick in a very dangerous position just outside our box. The response of some of the Albion crowd was to break into "2-0 and you ****ed it up". Brilliant. Fortunately Many Ryan pulled off what looked to be a fine save and we survived.

"The South Coast is ours, the South Coast is ours..." - is it? Is it really? What does that actually mean, particularly given we were losing at the time?

"Southampton's a shit hole, I wanna go home." - the game was in its infancy and you want to go home? Also: save that for the likes of Burnley where you may have a point.

"There's no one there, there's no one there..." - OK, there were some empty seats but it was Southampton v Brighton on a Monday night live on Sky. For much of that first half I was envious of the stay aways.

Most middle classed post of the day.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
100% agree with OP.

Didn't like any of those chants last night (I never like the S...hole chant).

I am middle aged though and occasionally grumpy, so I'll join the group.

The only time I have ever heard that chant used to brilliant effect was by stoke fans when they played Valencia away.

The amended version as sung by Stoke fans...

We want to stay here...
We want to stay here....
Stokes a shit hole
We want to stay here...

Now that’s the way to do it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I'm totally with the fans on this.

In terms of looking beyond survival I thinking trying to finish highest of the South Coast clubs is a realistic aim, and certainly finishing above Southampton last season is a good start. Yes, Southampton is a shithole compared to Brighton and - yes - it was a case of 2-0 and you ****ed it up. Lastly, I did think there were a lot of empty seats for a mild evening after an international break when we've been starved of football for a coupe of weeks.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of bravado and it can come back to bite you on the arse but that's football, right?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
No you are not.

So here is the thing...

Why sing about the Nigels...there were no Nigels there and for them to hear it on the TV was a form of flattery..

This is my peev. I'm okay with barracking the opposition fans, players, manager, town, etc. But, unless playing Charlton, why sing about a club that has no connection to the match... "we hate Palace more than you!" being one obvious exception.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here