Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - Sunderland Till I Die!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[tweet]1032623217985314816[/tweet]
We've had Amazon Primes behind the scenes docu, All or Nothing on Man City.
Now we have Netflix, in conjunction with Fulwell73, a docu on Sunderland's relegation season 2017/2018.

The banterous 2017/18 campaign takes in Simon Grayson being sacked 15 minutes after full-time, Chris Coleman’s thankless task thereafter, owner Ellis Short attempting to sell the club for nothing, a tipsy Darron Gibson calling the club “f**king shite” while arguing with fans in a pub and Darron Gibson getting pinched for drink-driving for the second time in three years.

There’s also other entertaining miscellanea such as a Newcastle supporter winning his rival club’s half-time competition and then celebrating like Alan Shearer in front of the Stadium of Light crowd, and one Sunderland fan staging an actual dirty protest up in the terraces after a 3-1 home defeat against Reading.

Unlike City’s shiny exercise in anodyne corporate propaganda, ‘Sunderland Til I Die’ will be doubtlessly well worth a watch.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/sund...-abject-2017-18-double-relegation-season.html

This should be good :lolol:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm enjoying the City one, but this one sounds like a real through-the-fingers jobbie. I'll be all over it. The Leyton Orient one with John Sitton ("and you can bring yer f*****g DINNER") and of course the Graham Taylor "do I not like that" documentaries were riveting.

City's is all very polished, sweetness and light and glory. But its MUCH more fun watching things going royally tits up, and they could not have picked a better club, or season, than Sunderland last year. Marvellous.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm enjoying the City one, but this one sounds like a real through-the-fingers jobbie. I'll be all over it. The Leyton Orient one with John Sitton ("and you can bring yer f*****g DINNER") and of course the Graham Taylor "do I not like that" documentaries were riveting.

City's is all very polished, sweetness and light and glory. But its MUCH more fun watching things going royally tits up, and they could not have picked a better club, or season, than Sunderland last year. Marvellous.

Indeed. I thought the best bit on the city one was Pep bricking it about playing Liverpool then they got smashed! Twice. The lows are much more interesting to view than routine wins.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Remember the camera at games last season for this coming up to the fans and filming us after the game. At Brentford after 3-1 up at half time going to 3-3 should be interesting to see if they captured the mood after the game. Fulwell 73 is run by Sunderland supporters and I think is a top filming company in the US, there was rumours of them taking us over last season when Short was still in charge

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Really really looking forward to this. The Jack Rodwell saga is still clouded in a little mystery, so be good to get a look into that and what went wrong at the club.

Really not liking the Man City doc. Its very watchable simply for the access and insight, but its basically a 8 hour long advert for the club with very little probing. Also, some very bizarre decisions made during the production, why Ben Kingsly? He's so detached from everything its just odd, also I think the first time I heard an Oasis track was when they went to the Middle East!??? The games in general are also strangly flat with very ittle excitment, doesn't capture the feeling in game.

Anyway, even if this Sunderland is similar it'll be much more entertaining to watch simpy becasue of what happened at the club

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Remember the camera at games last season for this coming up to the fans and filming us after the game. At Brentford after 3-1 up at half time going to 3-3 should be interesting to see if they captured the mood after the game. Fulwell 73 is run by Sunderland supporters and I think is a top filming company in the US, there was rumours of them taking us over last season when Short was still in charge

They are the production company that makes James Corden's talkshow in the US.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Really enjoying the city one, even my non footy fan sister lives it.

I've watched the first three episodes so far and I'm also enjoying it. The star of the show so far is undoubtedly the kit man.

Not seen anything yet I deem disrespectful towards United or any other club for that matter so I can only assume that is more hot air from Jose?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Wait, this isn't a spoof? :lolol:

Could be absolutely hilarious if real, a real life The Office.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

Was this a reference to the 'dirty protest up in the terraces after a 3-1 home defeat against Reading', where the poor fan was, I'm assuming, caught short having already thrown his roll of loo paper when the teams emerged before the game?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
They're filming a second series this season as well - could be even better

I actually didn't know that but did wonder as the same looking guy with a top end camera was filming at Luton and then Gillingham the other night, will look out for him at Wimbledon tomorrow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was this a reference to the 'dirty protest up in the terraces after a 3-1 home defeat against Reading', where the poor fan was, I'm assuming, caught short having already thrown his roll of loo paper when the teams emerged before the game?

Not really. But the "poor fan" was, I gather, absolutely trolleyed and off his face on something, to the point where he didn't even know where he was when he started laying a vince.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I actually didn't know that but did wonder as the same looking guy with a top end camera was filming at Luton and then Gillingham the other night, will look out for him at Wimbledon tomorrow.

Picked it up from the Twitter thread under the tweet in the OP - several comments indicating they're doing it. Car crash TV ??

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Yep Fulwell 73 are ownde/run/manned by BIG Sunderland fans, Brits though I'm sure, I think the main guy there is Gabe something - ad and film director.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here