hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd share it with NSC.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really there are 2 scenarios here and most of the comments seem to fall into 1 or the other of them. You've got £100k and no ties or commitments so do you\:

A) blow the lot on an amazing time (the coke and hookers crew) or

B) use it to set yourself up in some way (like Stoneham Park's suggestion)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've always said that if I won millions, I'd set up an indoor karting venue. As this is 'only' 100k, I'm afraid I'm quite boring. I'd put it in savings, and dip in and out whenever I felt like a treat - but mainly, it'll be a pension fund.

Or hookers.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Im 45 with about 90,000 in the bank - wife's on about the same. (Separate banks means a race to save!!) We have a very basic place on a beach in India to retire to when we reach a combined 300,000 or when I hit 50. Always said I'd stop working by 50. Is it enough? Dunno but I'd rather enjoy myself while I'm capable of hiking the Himalaya, kayaking the coastline, smoking the charas. Might end up skint and pensionless at 75...or die doing the things I love.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
£10k into talking goose research - particularly for the Egyptian goose, which is a lovely looking bird.
A few grand on a Quorn me to be constructed and kept sparkling, and even a tad dribbling, on my lawn.
And the rest of the wad on drugs, pies, and surgery on both my former septum and growing jowls.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So many people not reading the original post and saying they'd spend it on their gaff. :ffsparr:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm sorry, what?! As someone about to sign up for a 30 year mortgage aged 38 :sick:

Yes, please explain :(

Main factor no children. Sponged partner's inheritance. Timing. Bought properties in the low times of the mid 90's. Not a materialist. 6 weeks trekking in Nepal is cheaper than a week of in the Lake District.Most importantly to knocky to work for anyone.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Main factor no children. Sponged partner's inheritance. Timing. Bought properties in the low times of the mid 90's. Not a materialist. 6 weeks trekking in Nepal is cheaper than a week of in the Lake District.Most importantly to knocky to work for anyone.

There it is.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Buy a Harley-Davidson next May,when it becomes tariff-free.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Cheers, still a while to go for moi!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Round the world, off the beaten track, trip for a year.

This kind of thing. I would fly first class of course, stay in the best hotels, \eat at the best restaurants, and simply travel until the money ran out, which might alas happen somewhat quicker than one would think.

One things for sure though, l'd love every minute of it.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Invest 30% in two or three low-risk stocks (or fixed rate bonds) and leave them for 10 years
Give 20% to the kids (Although they wouldn't be able to touch it until they're 18 so the interest would be worth more than the original 10k each)

With the other 50% I like to think that I'd be sensible and put some of it into a high risk pension plan, some into medium risk and leave it until I'm 50 (Adding to it every month). I'd soon be able to retire with properties and have enough to cover all of the other things I wanted in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here