Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
N Korea has been trying to get a US president 'to the table' for decades. Trump is the first to bite. History will tell us who is correct.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

What do we all think about it ?

No, I think North Korea's change in attitude is more to do with the unstableness of their test sites and potential inability to reach their military objectives. Trump was declaring that his nuclear button was bigger than North Korea's just a few months ago, those aren't the words of a peace maker.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Trump will never get any credit from the left no matter how much good comes of it.
He may be a bit of a plonker but he cracks on and is making changes unlike the usual establishment bellends who are media ruled!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, he may deserve some credit but I think it's likely China are probably pulling the NK strings ..

hqdefault.jpg

Give Trump a supposed big diplomatic win/moment in history then hold it over him to extract concessions in any trade war.

Cynical moi ..

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
N Korea has been trying to get a US president 'to the table' for decades. Trump is the first to bite. History will tell us who is correct.

Bite ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Depends what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If the talks go well, South Korea deserve the praise. If it goes wrong, then yes wholeheartedly blame Trump.

Standard stuff this, blame the bad stuff on him and find someone else to give credit to if anything around him goes well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

What do we all think about it ?

Tell me if I am wrong, but is it not the other way round.
One minute they were slagging each other off with Kim bragging about his nukes and Trump calling him Rocket Man.
Then Kim makes a surprise visit to China, first time out of North Korea.
Shortly afterwards Kim says he is prepared to talk and get rid of the nukes, no one seems to know why he went to China or what was discussed.
Trump seems to have made it all about him (surprise surprise) since Kim offered this up.
I hope it all works out, but both are lunatics, lets wait and see.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
This isn't the first time North Korea have come to the table and agreed to pause their Nuclear programme in return for aid or the lifting of sanctions so I don't see any reason at the moment to champion Trump as the king of diplomacy.

The fact is that there has been a diplomatic game of poker played out between the US and North Korea since the early 90's with the Nuclear Programme being the North Koreas biggest bargaining chip.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kim and North Korea have managed to struggle on despite numerous sanctions and trade embargo's and have somehow come up with a viable nuclear device and a method of delivering it a very long way. There is nothing Trump can do to dislodge Kim as Supreme Leader and Kim can play Trump and either walk away with an easing of sanctions or stomp off saying he can't do business with the evil Americans, either way it will be dressed up as an away win for Kim.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Trump will never get any credit from the left no matter how much good comes of it.
He may be a bit of a plonker but he cracks on and is making changes unlike the usual establishment bellends who are media ruled!!

Indeed, I’m not sure it’s necessarily the “left” but there is a definite lack of objectivity in analysis these days.........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...-the-chagrin-of-the-dismal-science-2018-06-11

No different to the doom mongers on Brexit.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
TRUMPTASTIC!!!

From the naughty step ...........

stream_img.jpg

....does this face look bothered - to superhero overnight!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

As in arrange a face to face when all the other Presidents would not. It's always been N Korea's hope to meet a USA president and in so doing legitimise their place on the world stage as a nuclear power, hence the reason previous presidents would not meet unless something concrete was on the table. Trump has gone steaming in with no such assurities.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nothings happened yet. What’s the goal anyway? Just meeting’s not especially impressive. We already know both are cocks capable of causing Armageddon and I can’t see that changing anytime soon. Besides why should we trust anything the masters of fake news announce? Sorry Donald, you can’t have your Big Mac and eat it - same goes for your Rocket side-salad friend.

Two cardiac arrests can’t come soon enough I say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here