Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Official Match Thread: US trade war

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And this is the country that the Brexit supporters expect us to have a huge trade deal with post Brexit :facepalm:

Quite. The one moment when the UK is desperate for a free US trade deal, trade barriers go up. LOL.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Have you ever lived there?

"He hates the same people I hate. Hand me the goddamn ballot."

That's how Trump won the election-- by less than 100,000 votes in a few strategic states.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Theresa May needs to tell him he's a feckless c*** rather than stick to the 'I'm a little disappointed Donald' line.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Theresa May needs to tell him he's a feckless c*** rather than stick to the 'I'm a little disappointed Donald' line.

Good emotional response but in the real world do you think our relationship with the worlds No1 superpower (who we rely on in so many ways) is best served by insulting, protesting against , deriding their leader or trying a more subtle approach?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good emotional response but in the real world do you think our relationship with the worlds No1 superpower (who we rely on in so many ways) is best served by insulting, protesting against , deriding their leader or trying a more subtle approach?

I meant to add that she should first dress up as Ivanka and wear a low cut dress so as to appeal to him.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
...do you think our relationship with the worlds No1 superpower (who we rely on in so many ways) is best served by insulting, protesting against , deriding their leader or trying a more subtle approach?

Don't bother with either one. Subtlety is lost on Trump. He'll flush the tattered remnants of the special relationship in a heartbeat, in exchange for a week's polling bounce.

Cultivate alternatives -- I recommend closer ties with Europe. 300-million-strong economic bloc, with immense technical and financial resources.

Oh, wait a minute. Someone else flushed that in exchange for a week's polling bounce.

You're on your own. Good luck.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Don't bother with either one. Subtlety is lost on Trump. He'll flush the tattered remnants of the special relationship in a heartbeat, in exchange for a week's polling bounce.

Cultivate alternatives -- I recommend closer ties with Europe. 300-million-strong economic bloc, with immense technical and financial resources.

Oh, wait a minute. Someone else flushed that in exchange for a week's polling bounce.

You're on your own. Good luck.

It's obviously true that Trump doesn't do subtle and he's chasing poll ratings but he goes big time on loyalty and sticking by close Allies that play him well, see recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Mmmmm, closer ties with a political/economic block that Trump dislikes and made no difference in imposing new tariffs.

Try again/Awaits a better suggestion. :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Talking with my American colleagues today, this has actually gone down well in the us..thing us it is not aimed at the eu....it's aimed at canada and china.

Seemly trump had business in Canada that the Canadian authorities closed down for some dodgy dealing! He vowed he would settle a score as part of his election campaign and he has delivered.

To a lot of working class Americans he is keeping to his word of making america great again and this is something that he is delivering and thet care not one jot about the rest of the world

Interesting times for it companies in the US too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here