Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald Trump

D

Deleted member 22389

You could be correct but recent searches in France have turned up worrying things.
A number of sources have printed, this is probably the least worrying report.

"France has shut down three mosques since the terror attacks in Paris, marking the first time the places of worship have been closed “on grounds of radicalisation”.

The mosques have been shut down as part of a crackdown on extremist activities.
One mosque was targeted by raids early on Wednesday where police seized a 9mm revolver, a computer hard disk and jihadist propaganda. The owner of the revolver has been arrested.
Last week two mosques, one in Lyon and one in the Paris suburb of Gennevilliers, were shut down, the first to be closed “on grounds of radicalisation,” Cazeneuve said.

He added that police have raided 2,235 homes and buildings, taken 232 people into custody, and seized 334 weapons – 34 of which were war-grade - since the brutal attacks on 13 November that saw 130 people killed in the French capital.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-mosques-in-security-crackdown-a6757596.html

Or.
http://news.yahoo.com/france-closes-radical-mosque-big-police-raid-182353017.html

Or if you prefer Aljazeera....
""According to official figures and our discussions with the interior ministry, between 100 and 160 more mosques will be closed because they are run illegally without proper licenses, they preach hatred, or use takfiri speech," he said.

No petitions or outrage for this stance for what the French are doing, the whole argument at this point becomes hypocritical doesn't it.
Think it's more of a case that people don't like Trump, like they don't like Farage, because if it was anyone else who said it there wouldn't be so much uproar.

I have said earlier, the people signing for Trump to be banned from the UK, would they sign a petition to ban a hate preacher from arriving in the UK?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
France is entirely justified and their security services are specifically targeting these people and Mosques with leads to back them up. You cannot compare the stories.

You are probably right, though who would have thought that these many mosques, radicalisation and weapons plus propaganda would have been found in France 6 months ago. It was unknown until these events.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wrong. We are dealing with Scale, scope and target.and how long taking an apologist approach remains politically tenable.

well, the scale of two people targeting the collegues of one, after a personal declaration of alligence to an organisation, doesnt warrant the scope of punishing 3 million people. at least not to anyone rational or with serious intentions in politics.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You are probably right, though who would have thought that these many mosques, radicalisation and weapons plus propaganda would have been found in France 6 months ago. It was unknown until these events.

I think that probably most of not all of these were under some sort of surveillance before.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think that probably most if not all of these were under some sort of surveillance before.

So if the murders had not happened then the surveillance would have just continued then..........until, oh dear it happened. I believe if your theory was true then these mosques containing weapons, propaganda and radicalisation would have been intercepted.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So if the murders had not happened then the surveillance would have just continued then..........until, oh dear it happened. I believe if your theory was true then these mosques containing weapons, propaganda and radicalisation would have been intercepted.

You have only reported a 9mm revolver being seized from a Mosque.

Before the Paris attack any raids have to be based on substance rather than suspision and warrants needed to be signed. After the Paris attacks no warrants are needed and suspision overrides substance. I don’t know the law of France but I am pretty sure that it would be similar to ours in this instance.

They had tried to arrest the organiser of the Paris attacks earlier in the year but after raiding two properties he slipped their grasp.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Trump is a bit of a looney. No need to ban looneys, we have loads on here tpand they are harmless enough. He will never be president so i am fine with him burning some cash looking a bit silly

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CVz_iciWEAALE4D.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You have only reported a 9mm revolver being seized from a Mosque.

I put more than one link up, i put text from the first and more palatable for those to read.
http://news.yahoo.com/france-closes-radical-mosque-big-police-raid-182353017.html

"Cazeneuve told parliament that there had been 2,235 searches leading to 263 arrests SINCE the three-month state of emergency began.

"In 15 days we have seized a third of the weapons of war we would normally recover in a year," he said.

Of the 334 firearms seized, 145 were rifles and 34 assault weapons.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
? But surely this would make him a reactionary populist blowhard who just feeds the desire for simple solutions to very complex problems.

I do agree with a lot with what you say and especially the above. The points you overlook as those buffoons, right or wrong, need desperate times to get elected((Thatcher is an example) and people on here seriously underestimate how much targeted slaughter has scared the shit out of people .Also Hilary is a bit Corbyn ie anathema to many.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ah bless, the old Googling for 45 mins to try and find some loose comparison to a different event.

Jimmy Carter Banned Iranians from US, Deported Iranian Students During Hostage Crisis.

This was Carters reaction to a current event. He didn't use it a year in advance of his election campaign.

It was also directed at one country, not Muslims.

School Report: Nice try but could do better.

It was at the top of my facebook news feed. The problem is those who oppose trump on here have drifted far of the mainstream they've divorced from reason. Anypeople are entitled to decide the composition of their populace for whatever reason.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
well, the scale of two people targeting the collegues of one, after a personal declaration of alligence to an organisation, doesnt warrant the scope of punishing 3 million people. at least not to anyone rational or with serious intentions in politics.

Punishing what 3 million? He said he would ban new entrants, that nearer a billion.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I put more than one link up, i put text from the first and more palatable for those to read.

"Cazeneuve told parliament that there had been 2,235 searches leading to 263 arrests SINCE the three-month state of emergency began.

"In 15 days we have seized a third of the weapons of war we would normally recover in a year," he said.

Arming for jihad/conquest, sadly not suprised..

Meanwhile in Australia.

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-australia-pm-abbott-says-west-proclaim-superiority-022341256.html

Of course are values are superior, thats why we choose to live by them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That part of my post wasn't really the point, you said weapons were found in Mosques, when in fact the only thing the stories say is that they found 1 x 9mm revolver in a Mosque.

Anyway back to the point I made earlier "I think that probably most of not all of these were under some sort of surveillance before."

Your link backs the my theory, which you doubted.

Cazeneuve said 330 people who had been under surveillance by the security services for links to radical Islam have been put under house arrest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here