Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady Signs for an Undisclosed Fee (Updated)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Basically, I want something that is going to bloody well excite me.

I'm feeling very, very hot and very, very sticky. Think I might just slip out of these old y-fronts and maybe crack open a new jar of pickled onions.........are you hungry?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We need 70-75 goals next season assuming we are not quite so tight, defensively.
COG.....10-12
CMS......10-12
KLL.........5-6
Buckley....7-8
Crofts......6-8
Rest of midfield.....10
Defence.......8

Lower end =56
Higher end=64

Based on an average...we need to buy in another 15 goals from somewhere.

I guess I'm being a tad optimistic in hoping for 15 own goals

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's not a big name, but if we sign him it would be a player that costs less than a tenth of the money coming in from the Ulloa sale yet scored more goals in the league than any of our players did and that was for a team that got relegated. If he has a similar record this season it's a bargain.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Let’s hope that he is more than a small COG in the machine.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He's not a big name, but if we sign him it would be a player that costs less than a tenth of the money coming in from the Ulloa sale yet scored more goals in the league than any of our players did and that was for a team that got relegated. If he has a similar record this season it's a bargain.

Bang on Fella:thumbsup:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
We need 70-75 goals next season assuming we are not quite so tight, defensively.
COG.....10-12
CMS......10-12
KLL.........5-6
Buckley....7-8
Crofts......6-8
Rest of midfield.....10
Defence.......8

Lower end =56
Higher end=64

Add 8-10 from Shamir, maybe, given his pre-season promise? (Perhaps more if he settles well into the first team.)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ulloa, 27 (28 this month) - 14 league goals last year in a team that finished 6th - £7m+ - Out.
O'Grady, 28 - 15 league goals in a team that were relegated. - £500k - In.

That leaves us with at least £6.5m to strengthen elsewhere. He won't even replace Ulloa. And people are complaining? Do other teams have this many idiots supporting them?

Well I have to agree, (well it's impossible to deny) we do have at least our share of malcontents. That said I popped into the Barnsley
Forum earlier and they're whinging there as well. One guy even suggesting FFS that we are buying too many players for a club so badly in debt. God knows what he'd think if he saw the new Zillion Pound Training facility. :rolleyes:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
COG.....10-12
CMS......10-12
KLL.........5-6
Buckley....7-8
Crofts......6-8
Rest of midfield.....10
Defence.......8

Lower end =56
Higher end=64

Exactly how have you plucked those figures from the air? Is it based on past performances of all the players. The other thing to remember is that we can only ever have 11 on the pitch at one time! Seems odd that COG scored 15 for a relegated team yet you only have him down for 10-12.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Good shout. Can't argue with that.

So where is my underwhelmed sense coming from?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Barnsley.

Could be.

Could be his name. When Zamora signed I hadn't heard of him, but he had a great name!

I think my concern comes from looking at the lads track record going back over the past 6 seasons. Long term he hasn't excited managers or scouts. I know Charlton wanted him, but even addicks would admit they were all over the place last season.

Benefit of the doubt given, I hope he continues with his very recent vein of form. I look forward to seeing how the squad fills out further.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh post 400 is up for grabs, it'll be an easy one to remember when we reach :bounce: o'clock.

Clearly the CoG is a Hoskins replacement.
Anyone thinking otherwise is a moron.

Chances are he'll be better than most of the loanee strikers we've handed good money over too, so he might end up as good business.

£500k proves what little value there is in the market esp for strikers.

I expect the club to get near to or break the transfer record for Ulloa's replacement.
If it does how many people will be saying 'boy I was loud wrong on that'.

If it doesn't I may well join the ranks urinating on their beds, as even I will be questioning the clubs motivations, going forward.

Why do you feel the need to call people morons for having an opinion you don't agree with?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Exactly how have you plucked those figures from the air? Is it based on past performances of all the players. The other thing to remember is that we can only ever have 11 on the pitch at one time! Seems odd that COG scored 15 for a relegated team yet you only have him down for 10-12.

10 would be a great return. As he'll be getting 20 minutes a game off the bench I think.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here